Hi, my name is Wild1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Wild1!

Options
Wild1
Wild1 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm a 52 year old, disabled Army Veteran I have a brain injury after having had brain-surgery a total of 6 times 30 years ago. 
My name is Steve, but as an ex infantryman, a bit of a "wild one" and it being  part of my surname. 

I'¨m not particularly fond of Christmas as I was rushed to hospital in Hong Kong, and was shortly after arrival, diagnosed with Hydrocephalus and a brain tumour.. Because of my condition, I have been stuck at home since the first lockdown was called,. I'm growing increasing lonely. Am I the only one who feels this way? 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Wild1 - & welcome to this friendly community. You're certainly not the only one who has felt lonely; this has probably been a pretty bad year, & perhaps more so for disabled people. We might not make you feel 'Christmassy,' but you will find plenty of people here to chat to, including tomorrow. You might like to come & meet several of us in our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' or have a look at the 'Recent discussions.' There are links to both at the top of the page, so please do join in. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Wild1, it’s nice to have you with us! 
    As @chiarieds mentioned, lots of us can definitely relate to feeling lonely, this year especially. 

Have you got many hobbies to keep you busy at home? 

Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness