Two questions... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Two questions...

Adrian_Scope
Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
I thought it would be nice to see how everyone is getting on today with two little questions:

1- If you could have spent today (Christmas) with anyone, who would it have been?
There are no rules, it can be anyone.

2- Name one thing that’s been good about today or one thing you feel grateful for.
Again no rules, can be big or small, funny or serious! 
Community Manager
Scope

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi Adrian _Scope, I hope you've enjoyed Christmas Day.

I wish I could have spent Christmas with my son but he's in Scotland and I'm in London. I haven't seen him since March and I miss him a lot...

What I'm grateful for today was that the Dial-a-ride minibus was available to take me to my sister's and back, otherwise I would have had to spend Christmas alone with no hot food... 

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,561 Disability Gamechanger
    1) I would have spent it with the people I spent it with

2) following on from 1, I am lucky to have been able to spend Christmas with the people I wanted to :smiley:
  • Adrian_Scope
    Thanks @Oxonlady, I’m glad you were able to spend today with your sister and hope you had a lovely day. It’s great Dial-a-Ride was available.

Fingers crossed you’ll be able to see your son in the not-to-distance future. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Adrian_Scope
    edited December 2020
    66Mustang said:
    1) I would have spent it with the people I spent it with

2) following on from 1, I am lucky to have been able to spend Christmas with the people I wanted to :smiley:
    My answer would be much the same as yours @66Mustang. It’s been a difficult day because my partner is still recovering but I’m very lucky to have been able to spend it with my family.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,561 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    @Adrian_Scope am I right in remembering reading that your partner had COVID or was that a different family member? Whatever it was I’m hoping for a speedy recovery for them.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Thanks @66Mustang. Yeah, she unfortunately caught it from my daughter who picked it up at school. We always knew if it made its way into our household it would be from the kids going to school. It was quite frustrating to have followed the rules and not go out since March and still all end up with it. Fortunately while my eldest daughter struggled a little the kids have generally been alright. Unfortunately my partner is high-risk and it’s taking her a lot longer to recover. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,607 Disability Gamechanger
    1) my kids and grandkids but wasn't possible
    2) The good thing was that we had enough to eat, far too many people didn't today.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    1. - My son & his wife, & my daughter & grandchildren. Perhaps Nigel Slater to cook Christmas Dinner.
    2. - That I saw my son this morning; that I spoke to my daughter, & also my best friend on the phone....so I have more than one thing to be grateful for.
    Hope your partner does indeed have a speedy recovery @Adrian_Scope & you all feel much better soon.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hopefully you'll get to see them as soon as it's safe to @woodbine :) I'm also grateful that we've had enough food, and that we were warm and safe. As you say, not everyone has been able to have even that.

Inviting a chef round is a good idea @chiarieds... I'd have to have a good think about who'd make the best Christmas dinner! I'm glad you were able to see and speak to some family.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    1: My Family, my Brother and his Family and the kids.
    2: I'm grateful that I'm here safe with my Parents, free to watch the latest episode of Star Trek Discovery on Netflix at my leisure, play Xbox and do other stuff.

Seeing some of the babes from Aussie soap Neighbours in stockings would be nice lol.

Brightness