What’s the most recent show you’ve binge watched - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What’s the most recent show you’ve binge watched

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    On Friday night I'll probably tape the annual Doctor Who special and also the Mrs Brown special.

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I loved Unforgotten too @janer1967 and @WestHam06! Nicola Walker is fantastic in it. 

I really enjoyed Life on Mars and Ashes to Ashes @WestHam06 :) You'll have to let me know what you think once you've finished it all.

I spend way too much time falling down YouTube holes, and holes in general (metaphorically) @66Mustang :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @Tori_Scope
                                I hope that you had a good Christmas. :) I definitely will let you know :) I did hear they are thinking of bringing Life on Mars back, please may I ask what your thoughts are if this were to happen? Thank you.
  • Tori_Scope
    edited December 2020
    Ooh I hadn't heard that @WestHam06. I'd definitely give it a watch! And yes I had a good Christmas thanks, I hope you did too :) 

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I've just finished watching 'Cardinal' which is a Canadian detective series based on Giles Blunt's 'Forty Words for Sorrow', which I thoroughly enjoyed. I too also very much liked 'Unforgotten.'
    I'm just about to try 'Line of Duty,' which others seem to have enjoyed too. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds I really enjoyed line of duty and unforgotten 
  • [Deleted User]
    66Mustang said:
    I don't take much interest in what happens behind the scenes but I thought he had been fired from the BBC. He now works for Amazon Prime I believe.

Though that may be for something else he did, he doesn't have a very clean track record.
    He also presents Who Wants To Be a Millionaire on ITV.

That was better when Chris Tarrant did it IMO.

• WestHam06
    Hi @Tori_Scope
                               I'm pleased you had a good Christmas, I did too thank you. I too would give it a watch as I think that they would only bring it back if it was good enough to do so. Please may I ask if you have a particular favourite from Life on Mars in terms of character, for me it's Gene Hunt :) Thank you.  
  • WestHam06
    Please may I ask if any one has watched 'Spooks'? Nicola Walker is also in this and I think she is fantastic in it. I really rate her as an actress, she has been in a number of good programmes including 'The Spilt' which is also a fantastic watch in my opinion, as well as doing thearte. Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Classic Doctor Who on Britbox.

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    WestHam06 said:
    Please may I ask if any one has watched 'Spooks'? Nicola Walker is also in this and I think she is fantastic in it. I really rate her as an actress, she has been in a number of good programmes including 'The Spilt' which is also a fantastic watch in my opinion, as well as doing thearte. Thank you.
    Are you talking about the spy program that was on the TV maybe 10 years ago? I really liked that. I thought it was well done. I believe it had Richard Armitage in it who played Guy of Guisbourne in Robin Hood which is another program I liked. :)
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang,  
                               That's the one :) Richard Armitage was in 'Spooks' and played the character Lukas North. I agree, it was well done and very up to date for it's time, particularly watching the series from start to finish this year, some of the stories were relevant and in some cases advanced for the time they were made, in terms of actual similar events. I haven't seen the Robin Hood with Richard Armitage in, please may I ask, when was the programme first shown? Thank you. 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @WestHam06 I agree some of the stories were really relevant and could even be seen as before their time. I do wonder how realistic it is though? Do you think being an agent in real life is similar to how it is portrayed on Spooks or do you think it is adapted a lot for the TV? I ask this as a family member was a real life police detective and he said a real detective is nothing like detective programs on TV, it’s mostly paperwork!! Haha.

Robin Hood came out on the BBC in 2006 and had 3 series. The first two were the best in my opinion, I think by the third one it had run its course if that makes sense but I still liked the third series. It stars Jonas Armstrong as Robin Hood.
  • WestHam06
    Hi @66Mustang
                                I definitely agree that some of the stories could be seen as before their time, but do also agree that some of the stories were definitely made for 'television' rather than portraying realism. One of the story lines that springs to mind is the episode about an environmentalist group storming the Thames barrier and threatening to flood London. At the end, Adam and Ros are trapped underwater for a long period of time but manage to find a way out. Personally, I don't think being a real life agent is how it is portrayed in 'Spooks' though I'm sure there were elements in the show that are. Most of these programmes are written for dramatic purposes and use a loosely factual situation to build upon, though of course this is just my opinion. Despite this, I still very much enjoyed watching 'Spooks' and thought it was brilliant. I haven't seen the Robin Hood you mentioned, but can understand what you say about the third series running it's course a little bit, I think that can happen with some programmes. Also, well done, I've just updated the football table and you have another point, you're doing really well, well done :) Thank you. 
  • Victor
    Victor Community member Posts: 634 Pioneering
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I just finished watching g the bay box set  before that  morse before that endeavour before that criminal minds before that csi before that endeavour before that  gavin  and Stacy  before that murder in paradise  before that the detective  before that cracker  before that the first series of charmed before that miss marvel  before that the crown  I have a long list lol this year I havent been out much 
  • Tori_Scope
    I also really enjoyed The Split @WestHam06! I think I like everything she's been in :D Have you watched Scott and Bailey? That's another good detective show. Nicola Walker is only in one of the series, but she's really excellent in it. 

• Tori_Scope
    I think many of us have spent more time watching TV than we might have done previously @lisathomas50! That's an impressive list. Which is your favourite version of CSI? I was always more of an NCIS fan myself, however.

• Lisatho11987777
    I like all of them csi new  York  csi cyber cdi new Orleans csi miami I watched alot more than that  the problem is my sleeping since I had corona virus then not being able to work my body clock has gone out of sync I am not going out  so I am not tired I only went to bed at about 8am this morning and I had to get up twice to answer the door  so I will answer my messages and then go back to sleep lol 
  • Lisatho11987777
    I watched Scott and Bailey aswel  and murder she wrote  and miss marvel and miss Fisher and Agatha rasin  and sherlock  old and new and Lewis and the bill and law and order UK and USA law and order and speacil victims  and cold case and wakening the dead and murder in paradise   and I watch the chase and eastenders and coronation Street and emmerdale

Brightness