Plans for 2021? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Plans for 2021?

[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
What's everyone's plans for next year? Mine are to get a job, and attend all of the following Comic Cons if they're on, Chesterfield, York, Sheffield, Leeds, Hull, another one in York in August, and if possible Whitby in November. I'd also like to attend at least 1 out of Town Taekwondo competition, if it's on in June and it's not on the same day as Leeds Comic Con I might try and get to the Lincolnshire Championships in Grantham, went last year and it was a great day out, didn't win anything but it was still worth going.

I applied for a job with my Internet and Landline provider Plusnet yesterday.

Anyone else got any exciting plans for 2021?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope to go to Scotland for a break. We were due to go in November for my birthday but it got put off, due to the restrictions, until late March. There's a good chance it will be put off again.

Also I want to work with health professionals and make a good dent in my problems. I am willing to give anything a go in the hope that it will help even a little bit.

Finally. my family has always been "quiet", but we have come to learn that it's the people who make a noise, stamp their feet, cause a fuss, who are the ones that get the help. People like us, who don't demand help, get brushed aside. We intend to change that in the new year. It won't be easy as we are not used to it but we will try. :)
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    W e had to cancel our holiday to Tenerifei this year we had been to a 4 star hotel last year and had booked to go back. So in 2021 as it's the OH's 60th and our 40th anniversary we are going to try and book again but till later in the year when things become clearer.
    We have had a lot of work done this year, new kitchen, new bathroom and replaced the tin shed with a proper garage style shed, all we have left to do is a new fireplace in the lounge and get someone in to decorate it.
    But our biggest plan is to see family who we haven't been able to see, and try and sell dad's flat again ! as the buyers have just dropped out.
    Should keep us busy !!!
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I hope to get back to blogging on a more regular basis, writing more articles too. But I'm most looking forward to watching my little girl grow :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    To travel to Wales to see a dear friend who i've known for over 20 years and haven't seen her for almost 2 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    edited December 2020
    To enjoy the simple things in life and to take opportunities when I feel they are appropriate :) Thank you.

Brightness