Publish stories and poems — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Publish stories and poems

Carla35
Carla35 Community member Posts: 30 Connected
Hi,
A friends disabled Daughter is a wonderful poet. She would like to have her poems published that she wrote before becoming ill & disabled. She now claims PIP & ESA is this possible without it affecting her claim as she is too ill to work. Thanks Carla35
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,321 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

PIP won't be affected because this isn't means tested. ESA is different and she will be able to do permitted work but she must work less than 16 hours per week and earning no more than £140 per week after deductions. If she earns more than this then she won't be entitled to any ESA and it will stop.

She will need to fill out a PW1 form from DWP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Carla35
    Thank you so much Poppy123456
    Will she need to do this first even if she makes no money from having her poems published? X
  • Carla35
    My friends Daughter is in the support group for ESA sorry I forgot to add that x
  • poppy123456
    She would be classed as self employed, if she makes money then she would need to fill out the PW1 form but she must make sure she doesn't earn more than the maximum amount allowed, otherwise her ESA will end.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Carla35
    Thank you so much Poppy123456 x
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome.
  • Carla35
    Hi Poppy123456
    My friends Daughter has not had her poems published instead she is entering them in competitions online. She won first prize £800 will this affect her ESA.

Thank you so much
    Carla
  • poppy123456
    Winning money like this isn't classed as income, it's classed as savings, so if this brings her total savings to more than £6,000 then it will reduce her means tested benefits by £1 for every £250 (or part there of) over that amount.
    More than £16,000 and she won't be entitled to any means tested benefits.
  • Carla35
    Thank you so much Poppy123456 
    Carla
        x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.