Worried — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Worried

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
Here goes had 6 tubes of blood took yesterday doc has just rung me all that got said was 2 tubes blood was normal 3 tubes abnormal and 1 tube needs repeated so now I'm worried as he wants me bk in surgery on monday morning 10.30am sharp to talk me through blood results and where we go from here and 2 repeat 1 test I'm worried sick outta my mind now very teary #scared ??

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hello @Ibelive2020, sorry to hear about your test results and how upset you are. That's understandable but I think your GP should have explained things to you a bit better.
    My first reaction is that if it was extremely urgent, your GP would have sent you to hospital, so maybe that can ease your fears a little. 

Second, do you have anyone that you can discuss your fears with? If not, then maybe you can ring the surgery back and discuss this with the nurse. If you mention how very upset you are, I'm sure they can get someone to speak to you.

Third, I'm glad that you can share your worries with us. There are some lovely, kind people on this Forum who will sympathise with your plight. 
    Please keep going, you are not alone.

Also, is there anyone who can go with you to the surgery on Monday?

Take care. 
  • Ibelive2020
    @oxonlady thank you doc did not say much just booked me a quick app on monday and no dont have anyone to talk 2 am very anxious and nobody can come with me on monday due to covid 19 so I'm trying not to over think things too much but I'm a worrier 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Easy said but try not to worry think positive that the results could lead to you getting the right treatment you need and then you can feel better 
  • Oxonlady
    Hi @Ibelive2020, the only thing I can say is that worrying about a problem doesn't actually solve it and it doesn't help you to cope better. If you can't stop worrying, then it's best to distract your mind for a while. Are you able to watch a nice film or do anything else to calm your mind?
    Please keep in touch. 
  • Ibelive2020
    @janer1967 thank you @Oxonlady atm I'm gonna have cuppa I'm sitting with my children watching tv then I'm gonna have a bath and then do my adult therapy colouring book 
  • Oxonlady
    Good for you @Ibelive2020! Doing things you enjoy is an excellent idea! 
  • Ibelive2020
    @Oxonlady thank you me and kids just played homemade bingo ???

Brightness