Hi, my name is HeatherH84! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is HeatherH84!

Options
HeatherH84
HeatherH84 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Just thought I'd say hello, and hope everyone is looking forward to the new year.
I'm mainly here as I am the advocate for my 16 yr old autistic son. I am currently trying to sort out his PIP form, and I feel like I'm going round in circles with it. I'm looking forward to having a good read around and hope I will make it out the other side before the new year.
Kind Regards,
Heather
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

If you have any questions regarding the PIP claim please do ask and i'm sure someone will be able to advise you further.

In the meantime when filling out the form you should make sure you put as much relevant information as possible about how his conditions affect him. You should also add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time he attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to him, adding who was with him and a detailed explanation of exactly what happened.

Is he currently claiming DLA and this is a transfer?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

The forms can be daunting take it bit at a time and detail how he is affected for each descriptor giving real examples of what happens when he tries to do the task 

Things like how long it takes any aids needed support if he cant do it why 

Good luck 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @HeatherH84 - & welcome to the community, Heather. As well as the advice above, the following link about completing a PIP form may help. Please see: https://www.mentalhealthandmoneyadvice.org/en/welfare-benefits/pip-mental-health-guide/help-with-your-pip-claim/how-to-fill-in-the-pip-form/
    As Poppy says, do come back with any questions. My best wishes for a Happy New Year. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.