Covid 19 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Covid 19

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
edited December 2020 in Coffee lounge
That's my area getting put into tier 4 well it's for the best as infection rate and death rate in the UK are on the rise plus I'm on the shielding list along with 3 of my sons who have complex needs 
Tagged:

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @Ibelive2020, will you still be able to go to the doctor's on Monday?
    Wishing you all the best. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    If they put South Yorkshire in Tier 4 (and knowing BoJo the Clown and chums they probably will) my life is officially over.

• Ibelive2020
    @Oxonlady yes still allowed to go to docs on monday all the best too you too @MrAllen1976 how will your life be over? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm sure we will be tier 4 as well 

The nurses at the hospital said we had gone into it waiting to see what boris has to say in his update later 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    The full list of areas changing Tiers has already been announced on BBC news here. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55489932

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • [Deleted User]
    @Oxonlady yes still allowed to go to docs on monday all the best too you too @MrAllen1976 how will your life be over? 
    I'd have to cancel both care companies for the foreseeable future and live with my Parents, that wouldn't be so bad if not for the fact I hate showers, but they don't have a bath seat, and we can't bring the one from the Flat up there because it wouldn't be insured in another House's bathroom.

• Ibelive2020
    @MrAllen1976 have you checked see if your area is going in tier 4?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Tier 4 for me and school for my son not returning till 18th 

Just hope we will see an end to this if everyone does what they should 
  • Ibelive2020
    @janer1967 Tier 4 for me aswell some my kids are meant to be returning back to school next tuesday but my oldest son is 18th jan also 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 2020
    According to https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/your-city-council/coronavirus-hub/coronavirus-local-rules-restrictions Sheffield's remaining in Tier 3 as is most of South Yorkshire.

However, my Brother and his family are in Tier 4 down in South West London, but because my Sister in law's a keyworker, the kids can still go back to school from next week.

• RAwarrior
    RAwarrior Community member Posts: 430 Pioneering
    Hi @Ibelive2020,

I am already in Tier 4 and I am also in the shielding group. 

I restrict where I go and I do all my food shopping online because it is not safe for me to go to the shops. Hardly anybody wears a face covering especially in the small independent shops and social distancing is ignored. 

I decided a while ago to stay away from local shops because there are too many people who are putting me at risk.?

I have regular hospital treatment where lots of patients wear their masks under their nose or chin. 

Unfortunately there is no point in trying to explain to people why they should follow the rules because I either get laughed at or I am met with verbal abuse.
  • Ibelive2020
    @RAwarrior me and 3 of my children are in shielding group 2 most people where I live dont follow the rules either they think they are untouchable but they wont be saying that when they get covid and they end up in icu 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,368 Disability Gamechanger
    T4 here from tomorrow but it doesn't affect me at all. 98% of the time i only ever go into essential shops anyway and i'll continue to see my daughter and grandson due to our support bubble. My daughter attends a special school and because all students are vulnerable then she will return as normal on Monday.

Social distancing here in the shops i go into seems fine to me. I do sometimes see people without a face covering but they have an exemption badge around their neck. I've rarely see anyone without a face covering to be fair.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • RAwarrior
    Hi @Ibelive2020,

The majority of people I have seen ignore the rules. Even when I go to feed my squirrel friends I have seen large groups consisting of several households together. 

I have seen so many people walking into a shop without a face covering. I am not talking about people with exemptions who I would still expect to social distance. 

I have also seen staff and the owners of independent shops not wearing a face covering.

At the hospital people with exemptions are given a visor to wear when they have a blood test in order to protect the staff who are extremely worried about contracting Covid 19 and to protect other patients.

There are so many people who just won’t wear a face covering because they don’t care about putting others at risk. I haven’t been to a non essential shop for months and I refuse to go into any local shops because of what I have seen previously. There are people who think they are untouchable but for me it is extremely worrying.
  • RAwarrior
    Hi @poppy123456,

I am glad to hear that in your area most people are following the rules. 

Unfortunately I can’t take the chance to go to any of the shops because the majority of people just don’t care.
  • Ibelive2020
    @RAwarrior I was in asda other day I had facemask on and gloves I was 3 metres behind customer in front of me but the customer behind me was breathing down my neck I asked nicely if he could move at least 2 metres away from me as I have children with complex needs he was not happy so in the end I said look it's because of people like you that the infection rate is going up he was not wearing a mask either 
  • [Deleted User]
    Apart from a very brief trip to the local shop last night I haven't left the House all week. These restrictions are seriously doing my head in and it's gonna get a LOT worse before it gets better probably.

• Ibelive2020
    @MrAllen1976 it's tough for everyone in these uncertain times I very rarely go out myself I'm scared too as I have children with complex needs I would hate for them too get covid I'm also on shielding list with my children 
  • RAwarrior
    @Ibelive2020,

I have been doing online food shopping for months because I am too scared to go to the shops. I had to go to the supermarket at the beginning of the first lockdown because I couldn’t get priority deliveries and it really scared me. However, I get priority deliveries now. 

I occasionally went to the local shops if I needed a couple of items but I was horrified to see at least 8 out of ten people not wearing a face covering in several shops. I have been been told by many people that they don’t believe in wearing a mask, I have been sworn at and laughed at.

I only go to the park or forest to feed the squirrels but even in the park I have had to ask people to keep their distance because they come too close to me. I was in the park a couple of weeks ago and a man came to close to me so I asked him to social distance and he told me to p*** off!

I have had so much abuse when I have asked people to keep their distance. I have been told that I am wearing a mask so what’s the problem? I have said I wear a mask to protect you so you should be doing the same.

The problem that even in Tier Four so many people act as if there is no pandemic.

I enjoy spending time outside feeding my little squirrel families but even that is becoming harder because the park is very busy because everything is closed.

• Ibelive2020
    @RAwarrior I know how you feel because I have had it myself I hardly go anywhere now I'm so scared but then I have had people tell me I'm a house hermit but I'm doing it too protect my children my childrens lifes and healths r my first priority my children will always come first so at least if people are talking about me they are leaving someone else alone 

Brightness