Diverticulitis — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Diverticulitis

Lulu_1949
Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
can anyone please advise me if this condition qualifies for Pip. Yes lifestyle is affected I.e. walking and pain caused when walking. 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

PIP isn't awarded based on any diagnosis. It really depends on exactly how their conditions affect them against the PIP descriptors and as we don't know how they are affected then it will be impossible to advise. They should take a look at the PIP descriptors to see if they think they do or get some expert advice from an agency near them.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lulu_1949
    Thank you, I understand, this is not for me , I was just asking if anyone on the site had diverticulitis who was claiming pip as I thought someone with this condition had an understanding of the problems it causes . 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,319 Disability Gamechanger
    Yes but we are all affected differently by these conditions and you can't compare 2 people, especially when it comes to claiming PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Lulu, I hope your safe and well,  I’m sorry I don’t know anything about diverticulitis, but hopefully someone else can give you some advice, but if it’s affecting the persons life on a daily basis then there’s no harm in starting a pip claim, best off luck ?
  • Lulu_1949
    Thank Lou I’m safe and well, thanks for asking hope you are good too. 
    Thank you for your positivity, I always find your posts very helpful thank you x 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,602 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww thanks Lulu ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.