Going out — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Going out

foskett
foskett Community member Posts: 10 Listener
Guys and doll every I got told I not well in the head I find very to go out and meet people I feel  like no good to walk the same ground as them 

Comments

• foskett
  • foskett
    I to go on my head I been with my wife over 33 years and you be friends I can head around this 
  • foskett
    And body got any ideas should walk awY
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @foskett

How are you? Hope you had a nice Christmas

Would you please be able to clarify what you are asking here? I'm not certain and wouldn't want to get the wrong end of the stick :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy New Year @foskett :) Yes, we'd love to try and give you some advice and support if we can, so it'd really help if you could give us some more information.
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • foskett
    Thank you I need to back in work part time but would I lose my pip
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    edited December 2020
    HI,

PIP isn't means tested so earnings don't affect it. People do work and claim PIP. However, you will need to check where you scored those points because if the work you do contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then this could cause problems and you could be reviewed early and the decision may go against you once it's made.

It may also affect any other benefits you may already be claiming.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @foskett. How are things with you and your wife?

Who was it that said that you aren't well in the head? I'm sorry if I've misunderstood but it sounds like you're having a hard time at the moment and not feeling very good about yourself. 

Do you have much support from friends and family around you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • foskett
    No I on my own to get over this I look for part time work just get out of these four wall.
  • foskett
    Mr name is Colin 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    It sounds like perhaps you're feeling a little trapped in the house, is that right Colin @foskett

If you're looking for work, you might like to get in touch with our Support to Work service. Is that something you've looked into before? 

It must be difficult being on your own. Are you coping okay with that at the moment, or do you feel as though you need someone to talk to? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • soconfused
    soconfused Community member Posts: 102 Courageous
    foskett said:
    No I on my own to get over this I look for part time work just get out of these four wall.
    I recently lost my partner and as she was my carer I lost that too - I moved into my own place. I have another Motab car coming and everyone else is right - you don't lose your PIP by working! In fact if you work over 30 hours you can claim working tax credits on top! 
  • poppy123456
    foskett said:
    I recently lost my partner and as she was my carer I lost that too - I moved into my own place. I have another Motab car coming and everyone else is right - you don't lose your PIP by working! In fact if you work over 30 hours you can claim working tax credits on top! 

Sorry for your loss.

That advice isn't quite correct though. Yes, people work and claim PIP but if that work contradicts the reasons why you're claiming PIP then it can go against you.

Also new claims for tax credits are no longer possible because all areas are now Universal Credit.

For those that are currently still claiming child tax credits, they can claim the working tax credits but you only need to make sure you're working more than 16 hours per week, rather than 30 hours.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    foskett said:
    WTC's have been replaced by Universal Credit now. From Gov.uk

Working Tax Credit has been replaced by Universal Credit for most people. You can only make a new claim for Working Tax Credit if you: get the severe disability premium, or are entitled to it. got or were entitled to the severe disability premium in the last month, and you're still eligible for it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    @woodbine although the SDP rules are due to change from 27th January 2021. https://askcpag.org.uk/content/200527/uc-and-natural-migration-now

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine although the SDP rules are due to change from 27th January 2021. https://askcpag.org.uk/content/200527/uc-and-natural-migration-now

Yes sorry I keep forgetting that one.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    foskett said:
    Hi @soconfused

I hope the replies you received helped.  I'm also sorry to hear about the loss of your partner.  How are you coping with that?  Please let us know if we can offer any support.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness