PIP HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP HELP

thinkingsoul
thinkingsoul Community member Posts: 68 Connected
Happy new year everyone. hope you all had a good one, i no this is asking how long is  piece of string but will still ask regardless. now there is a vaccine do you think F2F assesments will be starting up again anytime soon? sorry my spelling is rubbish so if you dont understand it i am really sorry. i have been told i should get my letter around June July time as it was extended, so will wait for my review forms when they do arrive. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

I cant see them starting anytime soon with the rate of spread currently 

It will take a long time for the vaccine to be given to enough people 

Just because your PIP has been extended they can still do a review b4 this.  Lots people have had extensions then few weeks later had review forms . It depends how they are getting through the backlog 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    I think it's impossible for anyone to predict what's going to happen in the future.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thinkingsoul
    @janer1967 I no it can come anytime. I will just wait for it to arrive. I have all my evidence and stuff so not too fussed. but thanks for that. 
  • thinkingsoul
    @poppy123456 will just wait for it to arrive. I have everything I need anyone so I'm happy. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Happy New Year @thinkingsoul - that's great you're all organised for your review. Remember to fill your review form in with as much detail as your initial claim form; just add extra pages at the end with your name & National Insurance number on each page, as the review form is much shorter.
    Try & give a couple of detailed examples, for each applicable descriptor/activity, of the difficulties you face with them, i.e. why is it difficult, what exactly happened, who witnessed it, what, if any, is the consequence of doing/attempting it? Also can you do each applicable activity 'reliably,' i.e. safely, to an acceptable standard, can you repeat it as often as you'd like, & does it take you longer than someone without your disability?
  • thinkingsoul
    @chiarieds happy new year to yourself and everyone else on here. thanks for all your excellent advice. I will treat it like a new claim. hopefully will get the same award. I have Special needs went to a special needs unit at high school , have ADHD. personality disorder , and bad anxiety , and other stuff which I won't go into. I was awarded enhanced daily but feel like I should of got lower for mobility as I scored enough to be on it. See what happens when I send the forms off when I receive them. any advice 
  • salfordgirl4321
    salfordgirl4321 Scope Member Posts: 36 Connected
    Hi. Could anyone please help me by answering my question?
    im in receipt of ESA and I’m in the Support Group. I’ve been on ESA for 6 years,  I applied for PIP in February 2020 and I had a Telephone assessment November 4th. I got the letter on November 30th saying I’ve been awarded PIP Enhanced rate for Daily Living and the standard rate for Mobility for the next three years. My award was backdated to February 2020 the date that I applied for it.  Somebody told me I should be entitled to the SDP- Severe Disability Premium. So I rang up ESA Benefits department on December 17th 2020 and I was told over the phone that YES, I am entitled to the payment and that it will be backdated to the date I was awarded PIP Enhanced Daily Living Rate From. I still have not heard anything else about my SDP award entitlement since the phone call on December 17th. My question is about the rules that are changing at the end of this month about SDP & UC . Could someone please tell me if I will be forced to apply for UNIVERSAL CREDIT? because I’m now entitled to SDP along side my ESA Support group and my PIP payments?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi. Could anyone please help me by answering my question?
    im in receipt of ESA and I’m in the Support Group. I’ve been on ESA for 6 years,  I applied for PIP in February 2020 and I had a Telephone assessment November 4th. I got the letter on November 30th saying I’ve been awarded PIP Enhanced rate for Daily Living and the standard rate for Mobility for the next three years. My award was backdated to February 2020 the date that I applied for it.  Somebody told me I should be entitled to the SDP- Severe Disability Premium. So I rang up ESA Benefits department on December 17th 2020 and I was told over the phone that YES, I am entitled to the payment and that it will be backdated to the date I was awarded PIP Enhanced Daily Living Rate From. I still have not heard anything else about my SDP award entitlement since the phone call on December 17th. My question is about the rules that are changing at the end of this month about SDP & UC . Could someone please tell me if I will be forced to apply for UNIVERSAL CREDIT? because I’m now entitled to SDP along side my ESA Support group and my PIP payments?

HI,

It can often take a few weeks for them to make a decision on the SDP but the criteria for this is you must live alone or no other non dependant adults in your house unless they either claim a qualifying benefit theirself or they are registered blind. Dependant children that you're still claiming child benefit for do not count.

You must also be claiming Income Related ESA and no one must be claiming either carers allowance or the carers element of UC for looking after you.

If all of those apply then you will be entitled to SDP.

Your question about UC. The SDP rules for this which prevent you claiming it are changing on 27th January 2021, so just a couple of weeks left. This means after this date if a change of circumstances happens in the future then you will need to claim UC but it will of course depend what change of circumstances you have.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.