2021 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Options
Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
Dear 2021 please dont hand me temparory friends and negative people!!!

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    After 2020 I believe that 2021 is the year where we can hope again, I have made many friends across the internet, in fact across the world via the internet, and a number of them have been here on scope.
    Yes there are negative people you can't avoid them BUT you can ignore them.

I hope your new year is everything you want it to be x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ibelive2020
    Options
    @woodbine thank you for your support and kind words the only social network site I'm on is here it's a friendly place I have made a good few friends on here including you which I'm thankful for you see my problem is I make good friends and then they seem too disappear which kind of upsets me I'm saddo I mean I only have 6 peoples phone numbers in my phone and 2 of them are my partners family haha anyway I hope 2021 brings you peace love and health xxx
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @woodbine and I also have my daughters phone number in my phone lol xxx
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ibelive2020

I have 1 person in my phone and that's myself, for some reason it was put in there automatically haha

I use the phone so un-often that I just type in the numbers when I need them :D 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @66Mustang I dont hardly bother with anyone I'm not very good around other people ad rather just tx but 9 times out of 10 people only tx me if I tx them first but in my eyes friendship works both ways 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,597 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I am the same, not so good around others, I find using the phone really hard so I just text as well, and I still find that hard also haha.

I agree with you that friendship works both ways :)
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @66Mustang it's easy talking too people on this forum and over tx msgs as I'm not seeing people face to face lol 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Willow - how are you feeling pain-wise? Are you OK with the codeine now?
    Yes, steer clear of negative people, they're like emotional vampires. And 'good' friends are the ones that stay. People here are friendly & kind, & worth getting to know, I've found. The one good thing about not seeing people face to face on this forum, is you can sit around in your pjs & no-one knows.  :)
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @chiarieds still niggle every now and again yes I'm ok with the codiene now thanks they leave me pain free when I have took them and floaty lol lol until they wear off I live in my pjs haha unless I need to go out I feel comfortable with chatting too everyone on here I meet as I dont get judged hope your well xx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm pleased you're tolerating them, & they're helping; it's horrible being in pain, & you've been having a rough time of it. This is a very non-judgemental group.....I've said this before on here, that altho we have different disabilities, we share a lot in common, & I thinks that helps us understand each other pretty well. I'm OK, & thank you for asking, x :)
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @chiarieds I'm at docs on monday for my abnormal test results to see what's wrong and I need a blood test repeated but what will be will be xxx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi I belive2020   I love chatting to you  I have made many friends over the years and all over the world  due to the Internet I have joined many groups and I have my independent voluntary  advocate  online aswl 

My  new years eve is usually a sad day for me as its my sons anniversary he would of been 22 he passed when he was a baby in my arms  but on that same day this year I had my eye test as I had an eye operation  and told I can drive again so my day turned out well and not just full of sadness 

My 2021  hoping the Welsh lockdown doesn't last until spring as people keep saying and I hope to get a job and hoping to make new friends on here  

I dont k ow how many Welsh people are on this   in wales we have different things as we have the Welsh government that decide what we do in walez

Hope you all have a good new year  their are some lovely threads on here  
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I'm so sorry too hear about your son I lost my son midway thru pregnancy last july I miss him so much his original due date was dec 25th but I was gonna have c section on dec 4th as he was really poorly he also had Edward's syndrome I looked in his memory box yesterday was painful so had too put it away I named him Alex Jett it's so hard at times I miss and love him so much xxx
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @lisathomas I love chatting too you aswell it's a lovely group I'm in england I dont have many friends here but I'm alive and ok I will live xxx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Sorry that you lost your son Adam was 12 hrs old I had a terrible time  to cut it down I was rushed to Birmingham hospital from Wales gave birth he passed away 12hrs later and I had to fight to bring him hack to Wales to Bury him and I had to bring him back myself in my car in the end  thats why I csnt get over it I just learnt to cope 

Its hard for both of us and other women thst go through the same  sone prople I knew said to me  it would of been harder if he was older I said no it wouldn't any loss is hard  because as a mother you know the baby from day one  before they come into the world  and orople said you have children you will be okvsnd I said you can't say that he was my son 

I feel like it was only yesterday  so sorry your goungvthtoughvit aswel  I am  here if you want to talk I have a memory box  for Adam  it may sound awful but I don't look that often  

Have you got children or wasakex your first  at my sons funeral I played the song heal the world by Michael Jackson  I call it Adams song  now that song has two meanings the world needs to heal now  with all the corona virus 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I have children 6 at home 3 are disabled but I love all my children all the world my children range from 12 to 3 so busy household I love it tbh I dont have mam and dad etc got brought up in foster care my mum died 2 of my brothers have died and 1 of my sisters have died so it's just me and my kids and partner but I know how lucky I am hunni xxx
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Oh that's so lovely I  had ten children in all with Adam  my youngest is 11  and my eldest  is 39  my 11 year old has cerebral  pausy   I had two sets of twins  i love all my children and my grandchildren  I also have two great grandchildren as two of my grand children are 22  

I have a partner but we font live together but we have been together 30 years I csnt spell the proper word but easiest way to say it is he has a split personality  wasn't apparent until ten years ago  he has treatment and its under control  so all is ok now  we spend slot of time together and living apart works for us 

I am glad you have other children  a loss of a child is terrible the worst thing I can say has ever hsppend to me  but I don't think I would of had any more children if Adam had been my first born  I felt guilty after I had children after Adam  its nice to be able to talk to talk to someone who has been through the experience aswel  tske care ? 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I lost another baby at 14 wks in 2016 then I had my rainbow baby in 2017 lost alex in 2019 mentally I couldnt put myself thru it anymore so had a hysterectomy in March 2020 hun hope u ok takecare x
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I had several miscarriages in between having my other children  on gosh you have been through it I am so sorry  

Mother nature stopped me I had my last baby at 46 I  stopped just like that after my daughter shayla  so couldn't have any more any way 

I am always here to chat tske care of yourself 
  • Ibelive2020
    Options
    @lisathomas50 sorry too hear about your baby loses 2 I'm here for you hun xxx

Brightness