Weekend — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weekend

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
What’s everyone doing this weekend?

I’m just about to go out to walk the dog, waiting for family member to get ready, then I’m hoping later in the day someone will need to go shopping as it allows me to go for a little drive. (We are in a tier 4 area so I can’t go for a drive for no reason :( )

Happy first weekend of 2021 everyone

Comments

• OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    What even is a weekend any more?  :D

With Tier 4, Xmas & New Year...I have no concept of time left lol!

I haven't left the house since Wednesday so should probably try and go for a short walk this afternoon.  I was bought a nice thick coat for Xmas (there's certainly some irony in buying an agoraphobe outdoor clothing!) so it looks like that will be needed today!
  • 66Mustang
    Haha I agree with that, it feels like a very long weekend at the moment. Normally, after Christmas and New Year, January is like a huge Monday.

Good luck with going for a walk. Do you usually drive somewhere to go for a walk or just walk from where you live?
  • OverlyAnxious
    edited January 2021
    66Mustang said:
    Haha I agree with that, it feels like a very long weekend at the moment. Normally, after Christmas and New Year, January is like a huge Monday.

Good luck with going for a walk. Do you usually drive somewhere to go for a walk or just walk from where you live?
    Lol, I'm sure January is about 53 days long as well!  Will be interesting to see if this one is any different since the pandemic.

It depends what day it is as to where I go.  I don't normally drive on weekends due to the extra traffic so will just be a walk around my estate today or tomorrow. I am fortunate to live in a reasonably nice area so can walk around the more affluent roads looking at nice cars and posh peoples houses!  :D

Pre-Covid I was driving for a walk 2 days a week but lockdown 1 stopped that and I haven't really been able to get back into it since.  If I do it now I can't go more than a few miles drive and the walk only ends up being 10-15 minutes but at least it's better than staying indoors for days on end.
  • 66Mustang
    Ha ha we like doing that when we visit a family member who lives in the normal (but still nice) part of a town that is home to a special gated estate which you can walk through that has some very nice houses. I think a few footballers live there. I like walking through, looking at the cars.

I agree a 10 minute walk is better than staying in the house and it breaks up the day a bit. I used to feel sorry for our dog who gets all excited about his daily walk as it’s the highlight of his day, then I remembered that aside from driving it’s my highlight, too :D 
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    Hi @66Mustang
                              How are you? How was the dog walk this morning, I hope that you enjoyed it? This weekend, I will just be enjoying the football, made even better as West Ham won last night :) I also need to do some more of my training course, so will most likely do this later this afternoon. Hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend :) Thank you.  
  • Dragonslayer
    Dragonslayer Community member Posts: 2,165 Pioneering
    @66Mustang
    I know how keen on cars you are so I have a question I hope you can help me with.
    Since going into hospital and recovering from the operation I have not been able to drive or even start my car for just over 2 months now. It is a new car only a year old. Will it start and if not what is best to do?
  • OverlyAnxious
    Hi @Dragonslayer I can probably answer this on Mustangs behalf.  After 2 months you might find the battery flat.  

Will either need charging for several hours if you have a battery charger.  Or use a jump pack and then run the engine for a while to charge the battery that way.  If you call the breakdown that's what they'll do (you will need homestart breakdown).

If your car has keyless entry this may either be disabled due to the inactivity period or not work if the battery is totally flat.  In this case, most keyless fobs have a hidden blade inside the fob to use in the door lock barrel for access to the bonnet release.

Hopefully you'll find it's all good and ready to go but if not that should help! 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    This weekend I am doing my washing g and house work I will try and have a walk tomorrow 

Had a little drive in my car as only started back driving new years eve some how I manged to get locked in the car the door wouldn't open it worked in the end much to the amusement  of my neighbors lol 

• 66Mustang
    @WestHam06 Hi :) I really enjoyed the dog walk, and it’s good exercise, since joining Scope I have learnt how fortunate I am that I can at least do that. Thanks for asking :)  

I’m glad to hear that West Ham won :smiley: and I hope you enjoy doing your training course.
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 2021
    @Dragonslayer I’m actually not too good with how cars work, I just drive them :D, but it does sound like a flat battery, @OverlyAnxious has given all the advice I could and then some :smiley: I hope it helps.

PS I hope you are starting to feel a little bit better now.
  • 66Mustang
    edited January 2021
    @lisathomas50 poor you but at least you can laugh about it in hindsight. I hope you enjoy your walk tomorrow :smiley:
  • Lisatho11987777
    Thank you if it doesn't snow I will be ok ha ha  I dont even know why my car did that lol  my neighbors said if I climbed out the window  they were going to film it put it on Facebook  with the heading  its normsly a break in not a break out 

Glad my door eventually unlocked lol  don't think I could of got out the window I would of cheated I would of put the roof down  ha ha 
  • 66Mustang
    Ahh do you have a convertible? :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Yes I have two I have a peogot and a classic mg  i like cars i also have a camper van  if it wasn't lockdown i would be off somewhere in it 
  • 66Mustang
    That’s an awesome collection :smiley:

I would love to see some pictures, if you are happy posting them up that is - if not don’t worry

I test drove a Mazda MX5 convertible and it was really good fun
  • Lisatho11987777
    I love the mazda  I have got photos  but I don't know how to put them on here I am on a phone  same as I tried to start a discussion   but didn't know how I know how to do it on WhatsApp  and Facebook   if you could tell me how to  do it  I could try 
  • 66Mustang
    My phone may well be different to yours but it’s easy on my phone: providing the pictures are on your phone you just press the button that looks like a sun and hills, then click choose files, then photo library.

Here is a pic of what you press on my phone if that helps
  • Lisatho11987777
    I love the older type mazda  with the pop up lights I drove one for a couple of years but they are terrible for rust on the last mot I did on the mandatory there was to much to do on the welding so I sold it as a project  gutted though 

A man brought it off me  he got her back on the road she was a black mazda  with red seats and a soft top  that  was black and red  nice care  nice drive   I also have  a t4  thats with my mechanic  getting it through an mot and conversion 
  • 66Mustang
    Sorry to hear about the MX5, yes I’ve heard rust is a killer for them :( but I’m glad it’s still on the road. Red and black sounds like the perfect combo.

I bet you are looking forward to the lockdowns ending so you can go places in the camper. I would like to do something like that but I’m too scared to drive a big vehicle on the road!

I currently just have 1 car which is a Mini, on the Motability scheme. In the past I owned 2 other Minis as well and that’s my entire car history! I would love to own a Lotus one day. Or a Ford Mustang of course. :)

Here is my car, I love it it’s perfect for me in every way

• Lisatho11987777
    edited January 2021

Brightness