Pip enhanced care awarded mobility declined advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip enhanced care awarded mobility declined advice please

loulou27
loulou27 Community member Posts: 18 Connected
Firstly even though I. Have been awarded the enhanced care there is parts they have pointed incorrectly should I make them aware ? do they look back on pasts awards and points given on the next assessment ? I have not been given any points for eating drinking needing someone with me for safety as I have dysphagia & vocal palsy I wasn’t asked about it only aids I need to make my food , I’m awarded on me requiring aid help for communication . Also mental health side the statement  states because I’m on minimal medication for it I received  no points , though I choose to not be over medicated because of strong pain killers I already take and have been going down the route of therapy should I question this as it affects my mobility due to the severe anxiety attacks I have and panic attacks going out this is also due to I can go into coughing & choking for no reason on my on mucus and can not eat drink in public due to finding it very embarrassing and stressful which makes me worse    . I dont have any lower limb problems and can walk my dogs in a local area to me for a short period that don t need me to eat drink or communicate , I find public transport so stressful as one the communication part 2 the coughing 3 any smells fumes perfume food smells will just send me into coughing my throat nerves go to overdrive I am on high doses oramorph to control this and that alone I don’t know what day it is most days .so it states as I told them I do walk my dogs local ( literally outside my back gate ) this the mobility is pointed as 0 , just don’t know what I should do . Do I have a chance on the mobility part if I ask to have it looked at again or should I just be grateful I have the care part .

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

For the daily living part because you've already been awarded Enhanced then this is the highest award you can have, regardless of whether you could score more points here.

The mobility part is 2 sections, moving around is for physical conditions who may have difficultly walking. It's unlikely that you would qualify under this part of mobility.

Following and planning a journey is more aimed at those with mental health, cognitive and sensory conditions. There's some information here that you may find helpful. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#mobility-activities

If you are unhappy with your award and you do think you should have got a mobitlity award as well then you can request the MR but do be aware that they look at the whole award again and not just part of it. I'd advise you to get some expert advice before doing anything else. No one here can tell you whether there's any risks to your current award by requesting the MR.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • loulou27
    HI,

For the daily living part because you've already been awarded Enhanced then this is the highest award you can have, regardless of whether you could score more points here.

The mobility part is 2 sections, moving around is for physical conditions who may have difficultly walking. It's unlikely that you would qualify under this part of mobility.

Following and planning a journey is more aimed at those with mental health, cognitive and sensory conditions. There's some information here that you may find helpful. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/personal-independence-payment-assessment-guide-for-assessment-providers/pip-assessment-guide-part-2-the-assessment-criteria#mobility-activities

If you are unhappy with your award and you do think you should have got a mobitlity award as well then you can request the MR but do be aware that they look at the whole award again and not just part of it. I'd advise you to get some expert advice before doing anything else. No one here can tell you whether there's any risks to your current award by requesting the MR.

Thank you for your reply , I don’t want to risk the help already awarded I didn’t know if I should of made them aware they had missed something in the are part and that it could affect any future claim .
  • poppy123456
    You're welcome,

You already have the maxium award for the daily living part and even if you could score more points, it would be pointless requesting the MR for this and it will be a waste of your time and their's by doing so. Even at Tribunal once you reach maximum award they automatically stop and no further points will be awarded.

The time to concentrate on the extra points will be at your review whenever that will be.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

In my opinion I would leave it alone rather than risk losing what you have 

You cant get any higher award so there is no point challenging the daily living 

As for mobility I wouldn't advise a MR in your position but that's just my opinion 

A review will look at it all with fresh eyes yes they have previous papers but there could have been changes both improvements and worsening in condition during that time 

I dont think its worth your time and effort or theirs to put in an appeal 

• loulou27
    @janer1967 thank you for your reply , I will leave well alone I think I just wasn’t sure if it would affect me in the future .
  • poppy123456
    Each review is different so when it comes to your review you would need to do exactly the same again and provide as much relevant information as possible, rather than just state "no changes" then move onto the next question.

All claims should be treated as a new claim by all claimants.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.