Hi, my name is Sarahlou2! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Sarahlou2!

Sarahlou2
Sarahlou2 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
My daughters school is closed age 5 and sons school age 7 will be opening tomorrow. We are on the extremely vulnerable list and have been told today if I do not send him in tomorrow it will be unauthorised and I will be reported, my son will also receive no home education and will not be supported to remain at home. I’m disabled single mum and scared

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there seems the school are being very unreasonable 

Have you spoke to the head or maybe escalate to the governors or your local mp 

Also see if your gp can be of assistance 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

If you live in England you may find the rules could change from midnight tonight as Boris is addressing the nation tonight at 8pm and all schools could shut. Although saying that i'm not sure who they are going to report you to, if you don't send your send to school because you're very likely not the only person doing this.

If you received the first shileding letter and you're already in a Tier 4 area (England) then they can't expect you to send your child to school.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Welcome to this group  :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Sarahlou2 and welcome to the community.

Sorry to read about your situation, it doesn't sound easy. As mentioned above, might be worth keeping an eye on the PM's statement tonight, just in case it contains information relevant to your specific circumstances.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness