Reviews — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reviews

alisha22
alisha22 Community member Posts: 320 Pioneering
Hello everyone, can someone tell me due to this pandemic, what is happening with the re assessment review for our benefits. Mine is due in March for ESA and I am in the support group for this. Can anyone shed any light please.
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,925 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Nothing has really changed since the last time you were advised about this. Work capability assessments are now back on and have been for quite a few months, although backlogs are huge.

The timescale you were given is just a guide, Support Group for ESA is an ongoing award and you will continue to receive your money until a decision's been made on your next reassessment.

Face to face assessments are still suspended and there's no signs of them returning. Telephone assessments have replced them but for the work capability assessment, if they can't get all the information needed through a telephone assessment you'll need to wait for face to face assessments to start back up again and then they'll contact you to attend in person.

In the meantime, there's really nothing you can do but wait for that form. I know it's very stressful having been though it all myselgf many times but i try to put it out of my mind until that form comes through the letterbox.

Hope this helps.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    Thankyou poppy, I posted the message because I was told that the  benefit awards are being extended. I try not to worry but when you hear and read about discussions regarding benefits I get anxious because I had to go through alot to get our awards.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @alisha22, how are you? 

Hope the above advice from Poppy has been helpful. It's completely understandable to worry about these sorts of things. Hope all goes well when the time comes
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,925 Disability Gamechanger
    PIP awards are being extended but this doesn't mean the reviews won't still go ahead. Myself and my daughters awards were extended and my daughter was until November 2021 but a couple of weeks ago i recieved her review form in the post.

ESA awards aren't being extended because there's nothing to extend for these because they are always ongoing awards. The timescales they give you are just a guide and realistically in normal times you can be reassessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • alisha22
    Hello, just a update on my pip review. I received a letter saying my award has been extended til march 2023. Does this sound right, I just feel its abit too long. 
  • alisha22
    My esa review is due in march so not sure what is happening with that review. If anyone can shed some light.
  • alisha22
    Do I still need to reapply because I heard stories that although letters have been sent out they may stop your payments.  So confused 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    ok @alisha22 although your PIP has been extended you might still be reviewed 6 months before the original award end date.
    As you have been told ESA awards are ongoing and they will review if and when they decide to.
    They will not stop your payments just for the fun of it.
    HTH
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    With PIP, quite a few of us have had our awards extended in the past few days; mine is until May 2023. Even tho your award has been extended, you can still expect to be sent a review form out earlier, which you would need to complete & return.
    I believe you were advised earlier in this post, that, as you're in the Support group for ESA, your money will continue to be paid until a decision is made after your next assessment. So, with both ESA & PIP, you don't need do anything, just wait until you hear from the DWP.  I hope that clears it up for you. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.