Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Boredom

beccyhbeccyh Member Posts: 18 Connected
Happy New Year to all!
Hi I’m disabled and in lockdown like everyone, does anyone have ideas on things to do to avoid being bored. All ideas welcome 

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,554 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @beccyh - I hope it's OK to ask what your disability is? I've links to yoga, etc & also things like online jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, etc. Or maybe you might be interested in trying some crafts? :)
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,071 Disability Gamechanger
    I must admit that I'm bored out of my tree at the moment, wasn't to bad in lockdown1 the weather was good and the garden beckoned, but it's cold wet and miserable now. Roll on the spring, if I could I think I'd hibernate.
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,533

Scope community team

Puzzles and crafts are both good ideas @beccyh.

Do you enjoy singing? Would you join a virtual choir? 

Do you have a garden, windowsill, or small outdoor space you could use to grow plants, fruits, or vegetables?

Could you start a blog about something you're interested in, or about your experiences?

Could you perhaps volunteer? Maybe as a telephone befriender?

Do you enjoy reading? Maybe you could join a virtual book club? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Sign in or join us to comment.