How long for new date after postponement — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long for new date after postponement

Options
macatac
macatac Community member Posts: 8 Listener
My pip tribunal was due to take place on Nov 3rd 2020. I am receiving help from a benefit advice shop. The tribunal sent the benefit advice shop three tribunal appointments all for the same day and time, obviously the advice shop could not help with all three tribunals at the same time so they had to cancel two of them, one of them being mine. I was told i would be offered the first appointment date that was available, its now Jan 5th 2021, ive heard absolutely nothing. Anybody here have any idea how much longer i might be waiting for a new date?  I rang and asked the advice shop only to be told "how longs a piece of string". I suffer from mental health problems as well as severe emphysema.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

I'm afraid there's no timescales. The advice agancy is correct here, it is indeed, how long is a piece of string.  Once another date becomes available then they will contact you. As it will very likely be a telephone hearing then is there anyone else that can be with you on the day? rather than having to rely on an advice agency to be with you?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome as advised by your help centre it is just a waiting game nobody knows the backlog in your area 

You could contact the court services to enquire 
  • macatac
    macatac Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    HI,

I'm afraid there's no timescales. The advice agancy is correct here, it is indeed, how long is a piece of string.  Once another date becomes available then they will contact you. As it will very likely be a telephone hearing then is there anyone else that can be with you on the day? rather than having to rely on an advice agency to be with you?
    I have nobody who could be with me during a telephone hearing, i dont have anybody like a cpn. I sent in a huge pile of medical records from my gp before the hearing was due in Nov, and i also sent in a cd from the hospital which shows images from x-rays and a ct scan that i had that showed i suffer with severe emphysema and lung bullae. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,000 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A huge pile of medical records is a little concerning. Less is very often more where evidence is concerned and there's little point in sending it, if it doesn't state exactly how your conditions affect you. I don't know anything about your case but the delay in receiving a new date could be caused by the amount of evidence you sent becausewith a huge amount they will have to go through all of that.

Hopefully not too much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.