Pip claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip claim

Options
mk2000
mk2000 Community member Posts: 57 Connected
Hi my friend has been receiving pip for the last year but not the correct amount he didn't no he could appeal would it be to late now ? Is their nothing he could do ... I heard he could make a new claim ? But does that mean he'd loose his old one and stop getting the money. Thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,032 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

The maximum amount of time you have to request a Mandatory Reconsideration and a Tribunal is 13 months. If it was longer than this that the decision was made then your friend has past the time in which anything can be done regarding that claim.

Reporting a change of circumstances is always risky and your friend should get expert advice before doing so. No one on an internet forum can tell you if there's any risks to their current award by reporting those changes.

Your friend can use this link to check what advice agency is near to them for that advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • mk2000
    Options
    Thanks poppy unfortunately its just been over that
  • mk2000
    Options
    @poppy123456 when his claim has got to the 3 years the end and he has to renew it could he send the extra information in then ? Thanks and could the amount be changed then 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    When it comes to renewal he should treat that as a new claim and send as much relevant information as possible, and yes the award can be changed at renewal.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.