Moving to single claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Moving to single claim

Beowulfie
Beowulfie Community member Posts: 9 Listener
HI, me again, sorry!

So my partner and I split up officially and he has moved out today. I have put everything immediately in my Universal Credit journal (reported changes), so it now sees it as a single claim and all the relevant info, he has/will do the same when he gets to his new district. Brill. Obviously I know I will be on reduced money - that's fine & expected - but I wondered what will happen to my ESA (LCWRA) claim? I was only JUST reassessed for the next year in early Dec 2020. Will I have to be reassessed AGAIN do you think or will they recognise how recent the assessment was? 

Kind regards,

Beowulfie

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,914 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

I'm a little confused here because you mention ESA but also mention a journal, which would be Universal Credit.

May i ask if you've claimed UC today for the first time or were you claiming UC as a couple and just reported changes on your journal? Sorry but it's not clear and i don't want to give you incorrect advice.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Beowulfie
    Hi,
    Yeah i've always still been able to use my journal even when I was a single claimant & on LCWRA, so I could still talk to them. And we were claiming couple UC and now I've changed it to a single claimant. It says I'll still get the "standard amount each month" in regards to the UC (i think) for a single person, but the health benefits (LCWRA)  may be reassessed. I was on UC before we were a couple too. 
  • poppy123456
    Ah ok thanks for confirming this. It means you're not claiming any ESA, it's just UC. Your LCWRA element is an ongoing award and will continue until you're reassessed and a new decision is made. Changing from couple to a single claim doesn't affect that, although you can be re-assessed anytime from 3 months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Beowulfie
    oooh, okay! no one has explained it like that before. Thanks so much!
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome :)
  • Dack1967
    Dack1967 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    yes I yes when put him out cause he had caused me to finish working now I know for more control he destroyed my life anyway it was end August coming up two years I applied for UC I had to wait 5/6 on any money you could take a loan but just means money short every week I was getting help from foodbank my gas had broken down we were going into November befire I got payment 50 something a week that was Nov next minute had a assessment form in post had to fill it in I had only two payments off UC worked all my life got app to go for medical on the Hogmanay that year I went I struggled but got there walked in the woman says to me she had been reading my firm she says you shouldn’t even be here you’re very very unwell just go home again it’s about hour and half there hour abd half back .

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.