Hi, I'm jan47! My sister is on her own with no support from social services. She has Alzheimer's — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm jan47! My sister is on her own with no support from social services. She has Alzheimer's

jan47
jan47 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Need help with my sister on her own as my brother is in hospital . She has Alzheimer’s. No support from social services x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I don’t really know who else you could contact other than welfare rights or her go or maybe Alzheimer’s society 

hope other members can help 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jan47 and thanks for joining our community.  I'm glad you found us so we can offer support.  

This must be a really tough time for you.  Just to clarify, does your sister live alone?  And, has she not had a needs assessment done by social services?  That really would be the first point of call I'd recommend for getting her help.  

If you can give us a bit more information, I'm sure together our members can advise you too.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @jan47 - I'm sorry about the difficult time this must be, & the worry it must cause. I do hope you can get something sorted with social services. I wonder if her GP could help at the moment. Do yo know how long your brother will be in hospital?
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @jan47 :) Have you been able to take a look at the comments above? I'm sure this must be a very stressful time for you, but there should be help out there so that your sister can be supported. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Social services are hopeless at the best of times IMO.

But I hope you get the support you desperately need :)

Brightness