PIP Courtesy call — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP Courtesy call

Options
bipolar20
bipolar20 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, I missed a courtesy call from the PIP decision maker, I rang back but was told the letter has been sent but he couldn’t access it at the moment, I was wondering if anyone had a courtesy call when refused pip ? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,985 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI and welcome,

Yes i did when i had a review back in 2016. A decision maker rang me to ask me 1 question about my worsening of mobility. I can only guess that they rang to ask you a question.

As the letter has been sent then if you ring them on Monday they should be able to tell you what that decision is. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • bipolar20
    Options
    thank thank you for your reply, I’m anxious that I missed the chance to answer their questions and I might have to have the stress of a mandatory reconsideration :( 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome this doesn’t mean you have  been refused sometimes they call just to ask few questions I presume you had an assessment and waiting a decision ?
    it is correct that any decisions take a while to be updated on the system 

You could try ringing again in few days 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @bipolar20 and welcome to our community.  It's lovely to meet you.

I hope the advice you've received has helped ease your worry and good luck with the outcome.  Please keep us updated with how you get on :)

Also, just so you know - I've moved this thread to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board so others with a similar query can spot it in the future.  

Take care and hopefully speak again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community and let us know how it goes . 
    @poppy123456 do they only call when your new a review or assessment or do they ever call in general just out of interest . 
  • cupcake88
    Options
    I only have ever had one call from them that was my assessment 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    @cupcake88 no, they will only ever call you if they have a question to ask. I've only ever received 1 call in over 7 years.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    Thanks for the reply xx
  • bipolar20
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the replies, I’m just worrying Iv missed the chance to answer their questions and they’ll refuse it based on what they have x
  • bipolar20
    Options
    @poppy123456 when they called was it to say you hadn’t been awarded, Iv asked a few people and they’ve said they’ve never had a call about not being awarded ??‍♀️ X
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No, it was to ask me a question regarding my mobility getting worse. I answered the question and he said thank you, you'll have a decision in the post within the next week. I rang the following day and a decision had been made, standard daily living and Enhanced mobility, which was a higher award.
  • cupcake88
    Options
    @poppy123456 did you not have to fill out a form first to let them know or did they just ring to check in ? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    cupcake88 said:
    @poppy123456 did you not have to fill out a form first to let them know or did they just ring to check in ? 

Yes i did because the form was part of my review at the time. I also had a face to face assessment just 3 days before that. It was the decision maker that rang me with a question before he made his decision.
  • celticgirl
    celticgirl Community member Posts: 23 Listener
    Options
    Hi i had my phone assessment 2 weeks ago today I missed a call from DWP my nerves are shattered will they call me back and what will it be for i have been on pip 6 years but i have another thing wrong with me now
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Hi i had my phone assessment 2 weeks ago today I missed a call from DWP my nerves are shattered will they call me back and what will it be for i have been on pip 6 years but i have another thing wrong with me now
    Whether or not they ring you again will depend on how essential they consider it be that they speak to you.

If you report a new change in your health since you claimed that could start the whole process all over again.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • celticgirl
    Options
    so surely they must need to speak to me to call in first place.,Would they make a decision without speaking to me
  • celticgirl
    Options
    No I told them all what was wrong with me when i had to renew my claim which was due to run out in April. I my phone assemend 2 weeks then text to say they had received my report then missed call today from them 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    No I told them all what was wrong with me when i had to renew my claim which was due to run out in April. I my phone assemend 2 weeks then text to say they had received my report then missed call today from them 

As i advised on another thread you commented on earlier https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/comment/638345#Comment_638345 sometimes they ring to ask some questions before making a decision. If they want to speak to you again they will ring you back.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.