Pip review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review

joethebear
joethebear Community member Posts: 18 Connected
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all just joined ,my pip was due to end In april 21 but last October I got extension until Dec 21 due to covid now yesterday received pip review form to be returned in 2 weeks ?? Bit shocked will phone tomorrow any advice appreciated , thanks 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,354 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

This has confused everyone. People think that because they've had their awards extended they won't receive their review forms anytime soon. Unfortunetely this isn't correct. You can still recieve the forms at anytime because your review is due, so they will need to be filled in and returned with all your supporting evidence.

You can ring DWP to ask for an extension to return them and they will happily do that. Best time to ring them is first thing when they open, which is 9am. They are open until 5pm.

When filling out the form you should put as much relevant information as possible about how your conditions affect you then add a couple of recent real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activity for each descriptor that applies to you. If there's been no change in your conditions please don't write "no change"

Most people are having telephone assessments, which have replaced face face assessments, so expect one of those. There's no timescales for any decision.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Just because you got an extension doesn't mean they cant do the review 

The extensions were put in place to make sure nobody lost their award if the review wasnt completed in time 

They are slowly clearing the backlog and doing reviews again 

You will have to complete the review forms and return as instructed 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joethebear and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting this as it's a scenario I'd be confused by too.  I hope the answers you've received helped and if you have any more questions please ask away :)

Just to add - I've moved this post over to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board to make it easier for other people to spot.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • joethebear
    Thanks for helpful replies , getting the hang of website so expect a few posts in wrong place ! Haha 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @joethebear :D Never fear, we've all done it.  It'd be lovely to see more of you around the community so feel free to get involved in other chats! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @joethebear :) Have you been able to give them a ring yet today? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Is it possible to elect to have a paper based assessment rather than a telephone one at some point following the return of a review form? Ie are you given that choice at some point?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It would be best to have put this in your review form however not many people just have paper based 

I was lucky and mine was and I didn't request it but the DM jyst called me unexpectedly and asked me few questions and made decision on the spot and I got enhanced for both 

She said there was enough info on my form and evidence I didnt need an assessment 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @janer1967

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• joethebear
    Well I phoned DWP a 9am eventually got through to a nice lady she explained I still have pip until Dec but have to fill form in anyway , I asked for extension to gather paperwork and information and was given extra ,2weeks so now got to back by Feb 15 little bit less stressful now, all I've got to do now is concentrate on giving as much information as possible !!
  • joethebear
    Thanks for the welcome Tori forgot to say on my post 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great stuff @joethebear :) I'm glad you were able to sort it out, and that you feel a little less stressed now. Please do let us know if you have any questions about what sort of information to include. 

And no problem for the welcome! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.