Self care for your star sign? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Self care for your star sign?

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

In today's Metro is an article called 'The best self-care and energy-boosting practices for each star sign'.  

Doing what it says on the tin, the article gives a list of activities designed to boost each star-signs mood and wellbeing.  

A globe with zodiac symbols on instead of countries lit up with fairy type lights

Now, I have a bit of a hit and miss relationship with astrology but can't deny as a Virgo, the general description of me is pretty spot on.  The article recommends art for Virgos, as a way of being mindful and present, and to stop the chatter of our inner perfectionists  :D  I guess it's worth a go?!

Over to you:

• Do you believe in star-signs? 
  • And, what do you think to the activity suggested for you?  

Talk to me in the comments below.
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I don’t believe in them but I also have to say the Scorpio is a very accurate description of me!

It suggests being in nature and going for a walk as the self care idea which I already do and find really helpful so they got that right too! :smiley: I would recommend a walk (or a wheel) to anybody regardless of their star sign as it really helps freshen you up and clear the mind. 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @66Mustang Ooooh that's spookily on point then.  I'd recommend getting outside too!  What I'd give now to be on a snowy woodland walk  :D

Did anyone hear about the star sign dates changing recently?  This Evening standard article explains the new dates and more about the emergence of a 13th star sign called Ophiuchus  :o
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Mine is Aquarius, which states:
    An Aquarius thinks outside the box with ease and adores unusual activities,’ says Gemma.

‘They are natural eccentrics with a great eye for detail and very stubborn. They are great team players and are not afraid to make change and strive to make the world a better place.

‘Analytical and naturally clever, they are great problem solvers, and rely heavily on data.

‘Although an Aquarius may be a geek on the inside, they succeed in providing the shock factor amongst their social circles and trust people that allow them to be themselves. It can take a while for an Aquarius to trust you though, and they are often perceived as cold.

‘An Aquarius is always thinking. They are never likely to make a spontaneous decision and instead favour making considered choices.’

Self-care priority for Aquarius: Games and puzzles Get yourself a puzzle or invest in a gaming console. ‘It may come as no surprise that an Aquarius will benefit from a self-care practice that is an ongoing game/puzzle,’ says Gemma.

‘The likes of Animal Crossing is pretty perfect for an Aquarius who wants to have some time out. It not only presents the opportunity to express their creativity but also use their analytical skills and communicate with others.

I do like ongoing games and puzzles :) I believe in horoscopes, when I can relate to them  :D

Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't believe in it either, however, I'm Cancer, & my self care is apparently to have a soak in the bath.....spot on, only I haven't got a bath! On the 2 occasions I've been on holiday with my son & his wife, he ensured the cottage had a bath for me. They went on long dog walks, & I had a long soak. :)
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @chiarieds I am cancer  20th  July everything it said is spot on for me  I love my bath with a bath bomb I like being near water spot on  everything that was said for me 
  • endowarrierqueen96
    endowarrierqueen96 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
    Ooh this is interesting
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    What's your star sign @endowarrierqueen96
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • endowarrierqueen96
    endowarrierqueen96 Community member Posts: 25 Connected
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger