Benefits — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits

lewissayner
lewissayner Community member Posts: 45 Listener
Does anyone know what benefits I can get as I am losing money and need some

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It's hard to say without knowing your circumstances 

Try using a benefits calculator which you can find on here or gov website 

It depends on lots different factors that only you know 
  • lewissayner
    lewissayner Community member Posts: 45 Listener
    I’m sorry I don’t know what benefits I have. Haven’t been told or hardly know so how can I tell you if I don’t know myself 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,941 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    HI,

We can't help you without knowing what exactly you're claiming. If you can find out and then give us some more information then someone can advise you further.

Does someone look after your money for you, maybe you have an appointee that claims the benefits on your behalf? If you do then you should ask them what you're claiming.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lewissayner

Thanks for posting :) 

I'm sorry to hear that you are uncertain about your benefits, hopefully we can help you gain some answers and solutions. 

As asked above, I'm curious if you have somebody who manages your finances, who will be able to tell you what benefits you are currently receiving, if any? 

Once you know this, and even if you can't find out, a benefits calculator will help you determine what you should be entitled to. It requires you to enter some of your information, confidentially, and will give you results based on what you provide. You can find a benefits calculator by following this link.

Alternatively, if you would find it easier to be talked through these things, you can always call Scope's helpline.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.