Have you been denied a Blue Badge for your hidden impairment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have you been denied a Blue Badge for your hidden impairment?

Tori_Scope
Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2021 in Transport and travel

A journalist is looking to speak to a person with a hidden impairment who has applied for a Blue Badge, but was denied it. 

He would like to know how this has impacted your life, and hear about your Blue Badge story.

If this is something you've experienced, and you're interested in sharing your story, please send an email to pressoffice@scope.org.uk to find out more.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
Tagged:

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I contacted someone about this towards the end of last year, they never did get back to me.

Basically, around last September/October, I applied to Sheffield City Council for a blue badge, sent in copies of the PIP documents and other ID docs, all were sent back because the Clowns in the Council wanted the originals and not copies! Eh?!

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,322 Disability Gamechanger
    I contacted someone about this towards the end of last year, they never did get back to me.

Basically, around last September/October, I applied to Sheffield City Council for a blue badge, sent in copies of the PIP documents and other ID docs, all were sent back because the Clowns in the Council wanted the originals and not copies! Eh?!

Sounds correct to me. Having lived in a few different local council since i've claimed PIP, i've always had to send original PIP decision letters and they must also be dated within the last year.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    I did experience a problem the first time I applied but got help and got my badge the problems I have as I think I put in another  thread I more so get problems becsuse I park in a disabled spot I actually took a local council to court because I received  a parking ticket every time I parked on a disabled spot because I drove a soft top sports 

On the last ticket that was put on my car  I was standing there I asked why he was putting  a ticket on my car and he accused me of  haveing a fake blue badge  that there was nothing wrong with me and that I couldn't have a disability becsuse I looked nice 

I put a complaint into the council I got a solicitor  and  I took the council to court  I received  compensation  and I adked that they re trained  their parking attendants including the one who insulted me  

I think its ignorance more than anything else I have lupus  and get asked if I got aids  I rest my case loss ? ? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    A point i would like to make about disabled parking pre covid i went to England  alot because my mum is there  when we used to go out it was hard to find a disabled parking space where you didn't have to pay  
  • Tori_Scope
    I'm sorry that you had that experience with the parking ticket @lisathomas50, that must have been very stressful. 

• Tori_Scope
    Here is the report, which Scope has commented on. 

BBC: Blue badge permit 'shocking disparity' revealed.

Brightness