Hi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi

ryan123
ryan123 Community member Posts: 20 Connected
Hi everybody. My name is Ryan. I've had mental health issues for about 15 years (anxiety, agoraphobia etc). Like most probably, i can't remember living without them. We soldier on :smile: In my recovery years - this past decade - i've gone back to college, completed a degree in psychology, and hope to do a Master's in psychology (if Covid lets me) some time in near(ish) future. Things are much rosier now than they were a decade ago. Hopefully you all feel similar or at least get the support you need so that one day you'll feel the same. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Well done for your achievements and wish you luck for the next stage 

Have a look around and feel free to join in 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ryan123 and welcome!

It's great to see you on our community and lovely to see you posting.  I really admire your determination, coming back from those invisible battles that are so tough.  I hope 2021 is a good year for you and should you need anyone to talk to about applying for a Master's and all that fun, let me know!  

Please give me a shout if you need any help, but in the mean-time I'm sure I'll see you more about the discussion board.  Have a lovely day  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ryan123 - welcome to the community, Ryan & thank you for joining with such a positive post. You certainly have achieved a lot, & long may it continue. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @ryan123 :) Thank you for sharing your story, and sharing some positivity! 

Do you know what you might like to do after your Master's? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • ryan123
    Welcome to the community @ryan123 :) Thank you for sharing your story, and sharing some positivity! 

Do you know what you might like to do after your Master's? 
    Well, when i was giving my future a lot of thought years ago, as i was improving, i decided that i'd be good working in psychology. So, really anything in the field of psychology. I'd like to get into clinical psychology perhaps one day, but i think considering my years of mental health problems that step by step is the best plan.
  • Tori_Scope
    Yep, taking it step-by-step is definitely a good idea @ryan123! Hopefully you'll be able to start your course in the not-too-distant future :) You could always do some free online courses on topics that interest you before then, too, if you feel up to it. 

• ryan123
    Yep, taking it step-by-step is definitely a good idea @ryan123! Hopefully you'll be able to start your course in the not-too-distant future :) You could always do some free online courses on topics that interest you before then, too, if you feel up to it. 

Yeah, i signed up to several cpd courses in the last few months relating to psychology. I've also done a couple of other courses in random topics i'm interested in. Keeps my mind busy, good for CV etc.
  • Tori_Scope
    That sounds great @ryan123, and it'll definitely look good on your CV :) 

Brightness