Is it worth ringing dwp to see if a decision has been made — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it worth ringing dwp to see if a decision has been made

Mforall
Mforall Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hello !
It’s the age old question - is it worth ringing to see if a decision has been made re pip. 

I applied 15 sept
had assessment 23 dec 
Text to say report recieved the 29th
rang the week after and got told you don’t get report til decision made 
then read on here that they can fob you off ... so rang yesterday for a report but was too embarrassed to ask if a decision had been made - however the lady didn’t even question the report just asked security details (including bank details which the other lady didn’t ) and then said will get the report sent out .

I’ve waited since September .. never bothering and this past week I just feel anxious ????

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

They wont always be able to tell you decision over phone and also it may not have been made yet if they only got report on 29th but yes you can ring and ask 

Or wait till you get report to this isnt final decision just the assessors recommendation 

They do most often ho with the report 
  • Mforall
    Thankyou @janer1967 .. As I said on my post I’ve been easy ozy.. but this week I’ve been getting nervous .. I think because I’m almost at the end .. anyway .. what will be will be . 
    Do you know -do you always get a text saying they have enough information before you get a decision?
  • Loverofwords
    Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    I received a letter this time telling me they had all the info needed.

When I phoned in November the guy told me they were working on 4 weeks from receiving the report for a decision to be made.

Not sure if this will be longer after Christmas.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. 
  • Mforall
    Thankyou @Loverofwords that’s helpful to know ☺️And yes I’ll keep you updated indeed 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,352 Disability Gamechanger
    Backlogs will vary from area to area and they will all be different timescales. I'm not even sure why they send the letter telling you they have all the info needed because it means nothing. You can still be waiting between 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

I'm sure when you rang yesterday if the decision was made they would have been able to see it on the computer and the person would have said. Although you can ring anytime.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mforall
    Thankyou @poppy123456 I will wait for the report and hopefully have some inkling from that . 

I found the whole assessment distressing .. not in the fault of the assessor..- was very compassionate... but it brought home to me just how much I do have to rely on others to help me . Anyway I digress 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.