PIP review — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP review

Options
JonnycJonny
JonnycJonny Scope Member Posts: 107 Courageous
I  know it is advised that claimants should not write 'There has been no change ' when filling out the PIP review form but what about where your disability never even had an impact on a certain descriptor - such as Communicating Verbally - and you were not awarded points ?  Can anyone help ? Thank you

Comments

• Loverofwords
    Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    Hey.
    For the parts that didn't have an impact on me, I put no change as they already knew those didn't impact me originally and have stayed the same.

Good luck with your renewal. Hope it goes well. 
  • JonnycJonny
    Options
    Thank you for your reply - I thought that must be the case. No impact then no change, obviously. For those descriptors where I was awarded points I have tried to fill out the spaces with as much evidence / information as possible ( no mean feat given how little space there is ) and have provided what I feel is relevant documentary evidence.
    Best wishes to you.

• Loverofwords
    Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    Options
    I added extra pieces of paper for my descriptors. I've never been good at keeping things short and sweet haha. 
    Try and put as much info as you can.
    :) 

• JonnycJonny
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It is challenging - and at times hard not to repeat what I stated in my original PIP application. I guess they must cross reference the review form with the original application otherwise how can they make a fair decision regarding changes in my condition that impact my daily life. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,006 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If that activity doesn't apply to you then just write doesn't apply or not applicable.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.