living together — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

living together

Options
nightwars
nightwars Community member Posts: 12 Listener
if my boyfriend and i are both eligable for supported/assisted living, can we live together in it?

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @nightwars How are you today?

I can't see there being any barriers to you both living together.  Is there anything in-particular you are worried about?  If you can let us know, we'll be able to help :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

If you have a Social Worker then it would also be worth speaking to them regarding this and they will be able to help answer any questions you have,
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nightwars
    nightwars Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi Cher_Scope and poppy123456 i tried to call the disability pace near me but i didnt get through so they might be closed for now i guess, and i dont think so? our thinking was if we do decide to then he can help me and i can help him
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @nightwars

I spoke with my colleague about this more and found out that unfortunately some supported living companies don't allow people to live with each other, and that it varies from company to company.  I really hope you can live together, but please let us know if you come up against any problems so we can support you.  

Good luck :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness