Assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

berry123
berry123 Community member Posts: 264 Pioneering
Hi all just wanted to know how long for face to face assessment I sebt firm out 2 weeks ago and I received a letter from government to shield my daughter posted out today and I rang pip they want to see it

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Face 2 face assessments remain suspended, they have been replaced with telephone assessments or paper based, not sure what the shielding letter would have to do with PIP if i'm honest.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• berry123
    Well I was told by my gp to send has I am clinically vulnerable so I sent it. What does paper assessment mean they send me a form or summat
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi as above there are no f2f assessments at present 

How long you will have to wait depends on backlog but expect it to be a while as nothing happens quick especially in current circumstances 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    berry123 said:
    Well I was told by my gp to send has I am clinically vulnerable so I sent it. What does paper assessment mean they send me a form or summat
    A paper based assessment is one based on the forms you have sent in and any relevant evidence you sent with it, if they need more it will be a telephone assessment, I see what you mean about sending the shielding letter but as things stand that won't make any difference. As for how long, no one can answer that it will be when it will be.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• berry123
    Thank you so much 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    As this is your first time claim then it could potentially take several months. I would agree with the shielding letter and i'm also unsure how that will help your claim because it's just advice from the Government regarding shielding. It doesn't tell them anything at all about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors and this is really what's needed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • berry123
    Thanks poppy 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Dont know where you live @berry123 but I know different areas have different backlogs. I live in South Yorkshire and submitted my first claim back in October. My telephone assessment is happening this Monday so for this area its looking at around close to 3 months from when they acknowledge receipt of the forms to when you get an assessment. Obviously it will then be another wait for the decision.

If you are lucky you may get yours quicker but if you don't hear anything for a couple of months don't worry the process takes some time
  • berry123
    Thnx keep us updated what happens in Monday. Wish you well all the best
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    hello, hope your assessment goes ok, and wait a week or so after your assessment then phone the DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.