Waiting.... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Waiting....

Options
anxiousbird
anxiousbird Community member Posts: 165 Pioneering
hi all
i know there aren’t any fixed timescales for pip and it all depends on the backlog in your area. I applied end of June 2020, sent off form late October and still waiting for an assessment. This is in Durham area. 
Just wondering if there are any other people from Durham here who have applied recently and how long did the process take for you? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi sorry I dont know of anyone in that area but that doesn't mean there isnt 

You should hear soon hopefully but it is just a waiting game 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Even by comapring another person in your area the timescales could still be different. Backlogs are just part of the reason why waiting times vary.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @anxiousbird this is my timescale for here in South Yorkshire but remember your area will be different.

I phoned them and filled in the form online and sent it back to them electronically. I received a text confirming they had received it on October 28th. Received the letter confirming my assessment first week of this month. The letter was dated Jan 4th and the assessment date is exactly 2 weeks later on the 18th (which also happens to be my birthday). 

My assessment is being conducted by Atos but I believe some areas are covered by Capita.

Its not a quick process but hang in there and they will get around to you  :)
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 165 Pioneering
    Options
    BrettW said:
    Hi @anxiousbird this is my timescale for here in South Yorkshire but remember your area will be different.

I phoned them and filled in the form online and sent it back to them electronically. I received a text confirming they had received it on October 28th. Received the letter confirming my assessment first week of this month. The letter was dated Jan 4th and the assessment date is exactly 2 weeks later on the 18th (which also happens to be my birthday). 

My assessment is being conducted by Atos but I believe some areas are covered by Capita.

Hi, yes mine should be with ATOS too! Was yours a fresh claim? I didn’t know you could submit the application online ?
    wish you all the best for your assessment:) 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options
    BrettW said:

Hi, yes mine should be with ATOS too! Was yours a fresh claim? I didn’t know you could submit the application online ?
    wish you all the best for your assessment:) 
    Yes @anxiousbird its a first time claim

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.