How do I get a blue badge nd bus pass — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I get a blue badge nd bus pass

DARRANWILLIS
DARRANWILLIS Community member Posts: 23 Listener
Hi everyone yes it’s very hard atm iv got mental health issues nd my pip runs out in October this year 2021 nd I’m allready wrorring about now it’s a night mare this money is my livelihood has anyone any idea when I will receive my new claim with all ov this cob 19 do you think it will be later than my end date October 2021 thanks it would be great if anyone could help me thanks

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

If you were awarded by DWP then under normal times reviews take place 6 months before your award is due to end. They have been extending some peoples awards because of Covid but if they do this it doesn't mean you won't still be sent review forms at some point.

If you were awarded by a Tribunal then DWP will contact you 14 weeks before your award ends and you'll then need to ring to start another claim. Those awarded by a Tribunal will not have their award extended because of Covid. This is because DWP can't change a decision made by a Tribunal.

For a Blue badge, you will automatically qualify if you score 8 points or more in the moving around part of mobility.
    You will also automatically qualify if you scores 10 points in descriptor E for following and planning a journey. If you scored points in any other descriptor for following and planning a journey then you won't automatically qualify.

If you don't automatically qualify then you can apply and send evidence to support your claim.

Detail for blue badge is here. https://www.gov.uk/apply-blue-badge

For a disabled persons bus pass then it depends on the criteria of your local council. Put your postcode into this link.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @poppy123456 hi , I have just read your advice above can you please tell me...l if the award has come via a tribunal does this mean that if you condition gets worse and you are on standard the DWP can’t award you a higher amount?  So you have to wait till 14 weeks before the end..2022 . and have no chance of getting enhanced via DWP but have to do a new application and go through the whole process again? 
  • poppy123456
    Lulu_1949 said:
    @poppy123456 hi , I have just read your advice above can you please tell me...l if the award has come via a tribunal does this mean that if you condition gets worse and you are on standard the DWP can’t award you a higher amount?  So you have to wait till 14 weeks before the end..2022 . and have no chance of getting enhanced via DWP but have to do a new application and go through the whole process again? 

Hi,

Yes you can still be awarded Enhanced if changes are reported for a wosening of condition or when it's time for you to claim again 14 weeks before the award is due to end. This is because any new decision made will supersede the Tribunal decision.

When i said an award by the Tribunal can't be changed, i meant it can't be extended past the end date for the current award.

Hope this makes sense.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Lulu_1949
    @poppy123456 hi thanks for clearing that up for me. I am just worried that if I put the claim in for showing that there are now more descriptors which mean more points that because they originally did not award that they might not award because I went to tribunal , could they actually reduce the amount the tribunal gave? That’s my main concern. Thinking is it best if I leave showing that the condition has worsened for another year BUT will that then go against me because I would be putting on the form that the condition had worsened the previous year..... if that makes sense? Thanks
  • poppy123456
    If you reported a worsening of condition then it must have been worse for at least 3 months and you must expect it to last at least a further 9 months.

Once the decision is made his award could be increased, stay the same or he could be refused.

If you decided not to report the worsening of conditions then that'sd entirely your decision and nothing at all will happen.

Although before reporting any changes you should get some expert advice because a worsening of condition doesn't mean more points will automtically be given. If you decide to report this, you'll be sent more forms and they should be filled in with as much relevant information about how your conditions affect you against the PIP descriptors.

I must admit my condition got worse after my very first claim but decided against reporting the changes because i didn't want to risk losing what i already had and my review was due within 9 months at the time. Even though it says all changes must be reported, this is within reason. Many people decide not to report a worsening of condition in fear of losing what they have.

Hope this helps.
  • Lulu_1949
    @poppy123456 thanks so very much.
    i think I will leave it. It’s for my son and I don’t want him worrying , I will care for him and look at it when they get in touch in about a year. 
  • poppy123456
    You're very welcome. When the time comes for you to apply again for him post back here and i'm sure someone will advise you further.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @DARRANWILLIS

Hope you're well. As mentioned above, it's normally about six months before your claim is due to end, but it's always worth noting that these things might be delayed by the pandemic, I wouldn't necessarily worry an awful lot if you get the letter a little after that six months window. They should leave you with plenty of time to fill out the renewal to the best of your ability.

Please note as well the advice given by Poppy regarding if your claim was awarded by the DWP or at tribunal. 

@Lulu_1949
    Hope you're well, has the above advice been helpful?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lulu_1949
    @poppy123456 thank you so much I will do.
    @Ross_Scope yes very helpful, I feel awful at jumping in on someone else's thread but it just seemed to fit the question I had for Poppy and she was very helpful, thank you. 
  • poppy123456
    @Lulu_1949 you're welcome. Don't worry about asking on another person's thread. Sometimes it can't be helped, especially when the question you have is related to the original question of the thread. :)
  • Lulu_1949

Brightness