Assessment report recieved. - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment report recieved.

2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Uselessgov6! Fingers crossed it won't be too long before you hear back. Feel free to start your own discussion if you have any questions or concerns about the process :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Uselessgov6 - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Uselessgov6, interesting username :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Loverofwords
    Loverofwords Community member Posts: 29 Connected
    @cupcake88 I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.
    I'm just wondering how long after your back pay did you recieve the letter?
    Mines coming up to almost 5 weeks and I've not received it yet. X
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,343 Disability Gamechanger
    @cupcake88 I hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year.
    I'm just wondering how long after your back pay did you recieve the letter?
    Mines coming up to almost 5 weeks and I've not received it yet. X

A decision letter should have been received well before now. My advice is to give them a ring and ask them to send the letter again.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Loverofwords
    Thanks @poppy123456
    Maybe it's been posted to a neighbour's house. I guess I'll never know. I've been trying to phone them all week but haven't been able to hold over 30 mins. X
  • poppy123456
    Try ringing as soon as they open at 9am. I rang them on Monday at that time and was waiting just 3 minutes before someone answered.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • Tori_Scope
    Were you able to give them a call this morning @Loverofwords

• Loverofwords
    Hi @Tori_Scope
    I managed to get through to them yesterday and they told me that my decision letter couldn't be opened as it hadn't been scanned onto my file so they have requested the decision maker to send out a duplicate copy. 
    I'm guessing the first one hadn't been printed and sent out. 
  • Tori_Scope
    That's frustrating @Loverofwords. At least they're aware now, and hopefully it'll be sent across soon! 

• Loverofwords
    Hi all.
    I have finally received my decision letter which has been dated 11th Jan which must have been redone.

When I phoned in December, the lady stated my award had been made until 2023, however my letter states 2022.

In the letter the DM has said he has awarded me for a longer time due to my worsening condition, however going off the dates this award is 6 months less than my last one.

Do you think an error of dates has been added to my newly written letter? Should I query this?
    I don't want to trigger them to look at the whole thing again but they've removed a whole year off my award it seems just by sending a duplicate letter.
  • poppy123456
    It could be an error but on the other hand you could have misheard what she said on the phone, or she could have even read it incorrecty. This award being for a shorter time than your previous one doesn't mean it was an error.
  • Loverofwords
    Hey @poppy123456.

The DM put in my New award lettwr that he's made my award longer than my last one?

But this one has been put down shorter than my last one by 6 months  so it doesn't match what he's written. 

That's what's thrown me, and the lady definitely said 2023 because I wrote it down and confirmed it twice with her x
  • poppy123456
    Then the only way to know for sure is to ring them and ask.
  • Loverofwords
    That wouldn't trigger them to look at the whole thing again would it?
  • poppy123456
    No, providing you don't mention the MR. Just ask them to check the award length is correct.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.