I had a telephone assessment on 7th December — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I had a telephone assessment on 7th December

lindle
lindle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Good Evening, 

I had a telephone assessment on the 7th December 2021, that lasted 90 minutes, this  evening at 6.30pm I had a telephone call from DWP , asking me more questions about my application is this something that anyone else has experienced? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Dont worry this can happen they will have just wanted more info in order to make a decision 

I presume you are referring to pip and dec 2020 ? 
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    I believe that if a decision maker needs clarification they will get in touch to get further information from you. This hopefully means a decision maker is currently reviewing yours and you may get a decision soon. Good luck. 
  • lindle
    Hi janer_1967 
    Thank you , yes my  PIP. telephone assume that  that was in December 2020 
    Any call from DWP will tip anyone over the edge  x
  • lindle
    Hi MarkN88 

Thank you
    I have everything is crossed , the call was from the DM , he said he will send his decision by end of the month .x 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, i've had a call from a decision maker for a past PIP review and he was extremely nice. I didn't expect the call either. I was asked 1 question, which i answered and he said thenk you, you'll recieve the decision within the next 7 days. 24 hours later i rang and a decision was made.

They do ring sometimes, if they have a question to ask.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindle
    Hi poppy123456, 

Thank you so much for letting me know you also had a call from the decision maker. 
    My Assessor in December seemed to dismiss all my new medical information, he asked me questions like 
    How much did I weigh ! and some other odd ones that I cannot remember . 
    Poppy I really hope  it was a positive decision for you. 
    As everyone mentions it’s tough enough coping with our disabilities, without going through all the stress of these assessments. . x 

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,355 Disability Gamechanger
    Sometimes the questions they ask seem to have no relevance to our conditions but you'll be very surprised. The reason they ask those questions is to find out as much information as possible about how your conditions affect you. The question about your weight could be relevant to activity 2, taking nutrition.

My claim was successful and i've never had any problems since i started claiming PIP in 2013.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindle
    Poppy123456

Poppy your so knowledgeable, I’m so impressed Thank you again x 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.