The LCWWRA payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The LCWWRA payment

sophtfocus
sophtfocus Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi, I am currently disagreeing with Universal Credit on the date from which my payment should start.
Our first UC payment came on 3rd November 2020
My first fit note (multiple sclerosis) is from 30 sept 2020.

Decision to put me in the LCWWRA group was made 3rd Dec 2020.

Received letter telling me this, and that payment would be from 3 months after date of first fit note.

Case manager person on my journal insisting it is 3 months from decision date, but I really don't think this is right.

I have quoted my letter to them, and also mentioned reg 28 (as seen on another thread on here) ....what can I do if she just keeps repeating the same thing? Many thanks!!!!
Sophie

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and welcome,

You are correct, it's starts from when you first sent evidence of your health condition and not from when the decision was made, providing there were no gaps in the fit notes. There's been quite a few members here that have had the same problem.

When the LCWRA starts from will totally depend on what exactly your assessment period dates are because it's 3 full assessment periods and the LCWRA is then paid from the 4th month.

UC regulations 2013 clearly state that DWP case manager is not correct here. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukdsi/2013/9780111531938/regulation/28

I'd advise you to quote that regulation to them and if you still get no joy then contact your local MP.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I would give them a call and ask to speak to somebody else 

As you said it should be the 4th full assessment period after sending in first sick note 
  • sophtfocus
    Thank you both so much for the reassurance that I am correct, and sorry that this is a recurring question! Our first UC payment date was 3rd Nov 2020, my fit note was dated 30th Sept 2020, so am I correct in thinking I should have had the LCWWRA payment 3rd Jan 2021? 
    Thanks again both so much for the invaluable help xx
  • poppy123456
    When did your claim for UC first start? from there i will know what date your assessment periods are because that's the most important thing here.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • sophtfocus
    Hi there, our very first payment was 3rd Nov. 2020 (5 weeks after we put the claim in 26th Sept)
    Does that make sense?
    Thanks! ?
  • poppy123456
    That means your AP dates are 26th to 25th of the month. IF you reported your health condition when you first claimed UC then the waiting period is as follows.

26th September to 25th October 1 month
    26th October to 25th November 2 months
    26th November to 25th December 3 months

LCWRA starts from AP 26th Decemeber to 25 January and first payment will February 2021 and not January 2021.

If you didn't report your health condition when you first claimed UC then your first payment for LCWRA will be March.

Hope this helps.
  • sophtfocus
    that is great, thank you. Yes I did report health condition from the outset, thank you for working that out for me x

• poppy123456
    You are very welcome. I hope you get the issue sorted soon. They really annoy me when they insist the waiting period starts when the decision is made.
  • sophtfocus
    I bet it drives you mad, having to answer this over and over, when it seems such an easy thing for UC to get right, it makes no logical sense for it to be from the decision date anyway, as that could take a differing amount of time for each person so would be totally inconsistent.....grrrr!! So much appreciated that you are here to help. Thanks again and have a good evening x
  • poppy123456
    It does yes, if they applied the regulations correctly then there would be no need for errors, especially coming from a case manager. Always happy to help though :)
  • sophtfocus
    edited January 2021
    hmmmm , her latest answer to me is ta the top, still not sure! I will see if the payment arrives on the 3rd Feb, and if not, bring it up again! i do have sympathy for the staff at DWP, Im sure it is a horrible job at times, and they have so many cases to deal with, so will wait now and see what happens. At least now, thanks to you here, I am clear on when it should be. Thanks again xx

• poppy123456
    That's far to small for me to be able to see it and can't zoom in with my computer.
  • sophtfocus
    Oh yes so it is, sorry! Its ok I will leave it now and see what happens on the date payment is due,  so just ignore that post xx
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @sophtfocus. Just to let you know I've edited the screenshot of your journal to remove your full name. 

As Poppy mentioned, your LCWRA should begin on the 3rd February and should be visible on your statement when you receive it next week. Fingers crossed. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.