Please can someone advise me on how to share a job advert ideal for many disabled people? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Please can someone advise me on how to share a job advert ideal for many disabled people?

Abi2021
Abi2021 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
edited January 2021 in Work and employment
Hi, I'm disabled with CFS and Fibromyalagia and I gave up work a year ago. I recently started working just 1 hour per day mon to fri in a super flexible job that I can do without getting out of bed. It's as a pronunciation coach (correcting kids on English speaking) but not in real-time so I don't have to directly engage with anyone or worry about my appearance. It doesn't affect ESA as long as you fill in a permitted work form. It's all done by leaving each other voice and text messages. I know they have a lot of positions to fill and I was wondering where the best place to do this would be? thanks in advance
Tagged:

Comments

• Abi2021
    *where the best place to share it would be
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Abi2021 and welcome to our online community.

I'm so glad you've found a job that works well for you.  Unfortunately, we don't permit advertising on our community however I'd look into sharing it on social media groups for disabled people, such as those on Facebook / Twitter.  Likewise, maybe share it with any groups in your local community.  

How is your fibromyalgia and CFS at the moment?  If you have time, check out our Invisible impairments discussion board for other people's stories and to see how they manage :)  

Hope you are keeping well, keep safe! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Abi2021
    Thank you Cher, I will look into that.  I'm quite bad with both CFS and fibro, lockdown makes it worse so hopefully an end to all this soon :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Abi2021 said:
    Thank you Cher, I will look into that.  I'm quite bad with both CFS and fibro, lockdown makes it worse so hopefully an end to all this soon :)
    Yes hopefully the pandemic will be over in the not too distant future, stay safe @Abi2021 :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Abi2021
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    If you are applying for work in, for want of a better word, the "normal" world, do NOT declare your disabilities or health problems, it WILL be used against you in the recruitment process, that's if they don't bin your application without even considering it.

Trust me I've spent most of the last nearly 26 years applying for everything going that's suitable for a guy my age with my skillset, and as soon as I declare, I get an email saying "After careful consideration we've decided not to take your application further", careful consideration my foot!

• Abi2021
    @MrAllen1976 I'm really sorry to hear that. It's terrible how we are often treated. This company were brilliant about my conditions. They said it wouldn't be a barrier and it hasn't been so far and I'm a month in. When I initially mentioned my conditions, I was expecting the brush off but she said "this job is perfect for someone like you". 

Brightness