Hi, my name is funnywalk! My anxiety is... — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is funnywalk! My anxiety is...

Options
funnywalk
funnywalk Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2021 in Start here and say hello!
I'm very concerned about the government's decision to hold off the second vaccine jab, contrary to the manufacturer's guidelines. I've joined this community to find out what the arguments for and against are. I am 73, disabled and a cancer patient.. Has anyone here refused vaccine because of the long interval between jabs? Or do you have evidence that the 12 week wait is ok?  My main concern is that the virus will develop its own immmunity to the vaccine if it's not delivered as recommended by the manufacturers, and that a new variant might be more aggressive and cause more deaths.
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

I don't really know anything other than what they say on the news 

But having the first vaccine gives some protection which is better than nothing and as long as you still follow the guidelines for lockdown by time it us over most will gave had 2nd vaccine not like everyone else who needs to wait their turn 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @funnywalk - & welcome to the community. I think as the scientists learn more about this coronavirus this changes their viewpoint as to how far apart vaccinations can safely be given. A positive from this is that more people will get their first vaccine, which shows that people start making antibodies, etc. to fight it to good levels in about 10 days.
    A recent study showed that 83% of people that had had Covid-19 hadn't had it again 5 months later. Further studies, & seeing how long vaccination gives immunity for in the future, will both help the scientists decide more. Here's a link to the study I mention: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-55651518

Brightness