10% bonus due to covid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

10% bonus due to covid

Bella10
Bella10 Community member Posts: 13 Connected
Hi I’m on esa support group but I work 13hrs a week. I send my payslips to esa every month but I’m concerned this month as we are ment to be receiving a 10% bonus in our wages for working during covid. I’m not sure if this will take me ova the limit or not. Was just wanting to know wat wud happen wen I send my wage slip in this month if it does go over limit? And if it doesn’t go over  and just shows I’ve had a bonus? Thanks 
Tagged:

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,337 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

When doing permitted work there's an absolute maximum amount you can earn each week without it affecting your ESA, which is £140 per week. Any weeks you earn more than this then your ESA will stop. However as it's a one off bonus i'm unsure how this will affect your ESA. My advice is to contact DWP and let a decision maker decide whether it will affect your ESA.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I suppose the question is how much do you normally get paid for the 13 hours? @Bella10
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Bella10
    Thanks for your reply. If it doesn’t take me over the £140 it’ll be ok then? I honestly don’t think it will but was unsure about having a bonus in this months pay.
    Thanks 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,337 Disability Gamechanger
    The maximum amount of earnings when doing permitted work is £140 per week after deductions. If you receive less than this then it will have no affect on your ESA. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/employment-and-support-allowance-permitted-work-form/permitted-work-factsheet

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Bella10
    Hi 
    when I’ve worked it out I think I’m gunna be about £1.50 over the £140 ??‍♀️. 
  • woodbine
    Then its as poppy says, you could ask your employer to pay the bonus in two halves?

• Bella10
    I’m just thinking I’m having to work a couple of hrs less Nxt wk due to childcare issues, which I won’t get paid for those hrs I don’t work. So that should take me under the limit shouldn’t it? Would that be ok? 
  • woodbine
    Bella10 said:
    I’m just thinking I’m having to work a couple of hrs less Nxt wk due to childcare issues, which I won’t get paid for those hrs I don’t work. So that should take me under the limit shouldn’t it? Would that be ok? 
    if it takes you under the £140 then yes.

• Bella10
    Yes it will.
    Thanku all for ur help x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.