PIP, official Gov Petition for Fairer PIP system — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP, official Gov Petition for Fairer PIP system

Jules9
Jules9 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, am new here :)

Just wanted to share this in case members weren't already aware:

There's an official UK Petition for fairer PIP Assessments and a fairer PIP Claims System, which is on the Gov. uk  site.
Petition closes April 2021.
Here's the link:

I didn't create the petition, I just saw it on another Disability site and am trying to spread the word.

Please sign, then share with friends, family, and other Disability groups and organisations if you can.

Thanks ! 

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @poppy123456 don't quite get this 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm afraid I never sign these petitions, they need 100,000 signatures to be considered by a committee for discussion in parliament, I can't recall a single one that has resulted in any changes to anything. So far this one has 9,500.
    @lisathomas50 sorry where does poppy enter into this one?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,921 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not sure what there is to not understand, it's a petition. I'm with @woodbine on this one and i never sign them either. Welcome to the community though, please feel free to have a look around and join in on any discussions.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Jules9 - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. Unfortunately, as mentioned above, petitions need 100,00 signatures before any would be debated in Parliament, as your link also shows.
    Scope does nonetheless work tirelessly to support people with disabilities, so you're most welcome here. :)
  • Jules9
    Jules9 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for replies, and for the welcome Chiarieds  :)

Brightness