PIP, official petition to GOV for a fairer PIP system! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP, official petition to GOV for a fairer PIP system!

Options
Jules9
Jules9 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi,

I'm new here, please be kind :)

Some of you might like to know about an official Petition calling for fairer PIP Assessments and a fairer PIP Claims System, which is on the Official Gov petitions site.

Petition closes April 2021.

Here is the link:

PIP claimants might be very interested in signing this petition, and then sharing with friends, family, and other Disability groups and organisations. 

Btw, I didn't start this petition, I just saw it on another Disability website forum, and am trying to spread the word.

Thanks!?

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,624 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Options

It overwhelms the court system when incorrect decisions need to be challenged. This is completely inaccurate. Far from being overwhelmed tribunals currently don’t have enough work to do.

Pretty much agree with everything you said in your post but this one confused me a bit. If this is in fact the case that tribunals don't have enough work to do at the moment then why does it seem to take people months to actually receive one?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,047 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Waiting times for Tribunals have decreased considerably since the start of the pandemic and i believe the average waiting time is about 6-7 months. Before Covid it was more like 12+ months.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.