Just had my phone assessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Just had my phone assessment

BrettW
BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
Well just had my phone assessment. Took about 50 minutes with a lady called Alice. She was nice and polite and went through a load of questions with me.

I did get the impression that she knew more about my condition than I did because she asked me if the hospital had mentioned anything about an eruption (cant remember the full medical term she used) in relation to my heart. Obviously the NHS tell the DWP more than they tell you lol. I had presumed they had probably requested my medical notes though :)

She told me at the end that its just a case of waiting now and to contact the DWP in 8 weeks time if I haven't heard anything by then.

Overall it was a fairly painless process regardless of the outcome.

Comments

• dianejane
    dianejane Community member Posts: 12 Connected
    I have mine on 28th..a tribunal over the phone...as my original one last yr was set aside as i filed a complaint on how i was treated...very judgementally...i won and set aside...now its next week...im so scared..its going to happen again...that im going to be bullied into saying something i dont want to...
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @BrettW glad you felt it went ok and thanks for sharing with us 

You can request a copy of your report approx 7 days after your assessment 

It isnt the final decision but will give you indication if the recommendations and the DM in most cases go with the report 

Let us know how you get on 
  • BrettW
    dianejane said:
    I have mine on 28th..a tribunal over the phone...as my original one last yr was set aside as i filed a complaint on how i was treated...very judgementally...i won and set aside...now its next week...im so scared..its going to happen again...that im going to be bullied into saying something i dont want to...
    Stay positive @dianejane and just keep telling yourself you are the one who knows best about you and that you won't be talked into saying something you don't want to x
  • BrettW
    janer1967 said:
    @BrettW glad you felt it went ok and thanks for sharing with us 

You can request a copy of your report approx 7 days after your assessment 

It isnt the final decision but will give you indication if the recommendations and the DM in most cases go with the report 

Let us know how you get on 
    Thanks @janer@janer1967 whats the number I have to ring to request that. She did say that the decision is normally done within in 8 weeks and to ring DWP if I hadn't heard anything by then
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Glad everything went ok. The number to ring for the report is 0800 121 4433. Decision's can take 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BrettW
    HI,

Glad everything went ok. The number to ring for the report is 0800 121 4433. Decision's can take 2-8 weeks, sometimes longer.

Thanks for that Poppy much appreciated x
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,328 Disability Gamechanger
    No worries. Good luck. Do let us know the outcome, if possible please.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • BrettW
    I will do just glad its over now - didn't sleep for most of the night stressing over it. Good news is my partner is cooking me a nice birthday dinner tonight and I'm gonna be naughty and have a dessert with cream even though its not particularly good for me :smile:
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy birthday and enjoy your meal 
  • BrettW

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.