Weather payment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Weather payment?

Options
joanne77
joanne77 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Am wondering how apply for extra help with weather payment 

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Do you mean cold weather payment? There is eligibility you have to meet and it is paid automatically if you meet this. 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,616 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Cold weather payment is paid by the government if the average temperature in your area drops below 0c for 7 consecutive days. 

Warm home discount is a credit of £140 off your winter heating bill.  You'd have to check whether your provider is part of the scheme or not.  However, it is operated on a first come first served basis with limited space.  You may find that it's no longer available this far into the winter.

For both payments you will need to meet eligibility criteria, receiving certain benefits etc.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The criteria for the cold weather payment is here. https://www.gov.uk/cold-weather-payment/eligibility there;s no need to apply for this.

You can check if one has been activated in your area by putting your postcode into this link. https://coldweatherpayments.dwp.gov.uk/

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.