Hi, my name is Dreambig82! I'm a single mum to a child with autism and ADHD. I want to chat — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dreambig82! I'm a single mum to a child with autism and ADHD. I want to chat

Options
Dreambig82
Dreambig82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm a single mum to a 9 year old child with autism and adhd just trying to find information and chat 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome you will find lots members you can connect with maybe in our parents and carers section 

Have a look around the site and feel free to join in any questions just ask 
  • Han_
    Han_ Community member Posts: 151 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Dreambig82 and welcome to the community! You may be interested in the parents and carers section of the forum which can be found here. 

Han
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dreambig82 - & welcome to the community. Everyone here is most supportive & there's usually someone here to chat with too. May I ask what information you're looking for? :)
  • Dreambig82
    Dreambig82 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi I'm new to community and not sure what I need to know or do. I'm a single mum and have no support with son so looking for maybe someone chat to social groups support for son
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dreambig82 and a warm welcome to our community!  How are you today?

I hope home-schooling is going okay for you both; these are such difficult times and I hope we can be of some support to make things easier.

One thing you might want to try is Scope's free Navigate service.  This is an online programme in which you'd receive help with:
    • organising your thoughts and feelings
    • practical advice and suggestions
    • coping strategies and insights
    • taking positive actions and helping you with emotional wellbeing
    For more details, and to find out if you are eligible, please click on the link above.

To meet other parents/care-givers, try browsing our Autism and Asperger's discussion group or our Parents and carers category.  In those are stories and posts from people in similar situations, so please don't be afraid to comment if you see something you can relate to.

I hope you are keeping well and let me know if you need any help getting around the community.  Speak soon! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community @Dreambig82 :) Have you been able to check out the categories of discussion here on the community that the others have linked to? Have you looked in to Scope's Navigate service? We also have a Parents Connect service, which might be of interest. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness