I might've been head hunted via Indeed! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I might've been head hunted via Indeed!

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
Topic.

I got an email this morning from a lady called Patricia via Indeed, she's seen the latest version of my CV on Indeed and has asked me to apply for a Home based position as an E-Commerce Administrator, what it basically means is attracting people to buy Electrical goods on their eBay shop.

A bit difficult at the moment because I got exiled from Facebook for 30 days last week, but I'll behave myself when they eventually let me back on, and I also have my Twitter account.

The job is more or less ideal and I have over 20 years of experience on eBay as both a buyer and seller and it's working from Home for 1-2 hours a day.

Sounds OK does it not?

Don't worry, I know not to send any financial details straight away, contrary to popular opinion I'm not daft.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 that sounds like great news hope its what you want, can i ask how did you manage to kicked off facebook for 30 days?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds like a good opportunity from what info you have disclosed 

Just be mindful of how you will get earnings from this if its commission based could be a lot of work for little financial gain 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 Please refrain from making comments about people who post on your threads, as you say yourself - our members are entitled to post wherever they like without restriction.

I'm glad to hear you've had good news work-wise and it sounds very much up your street.  I'd be cautious of the pitfalls of commission-based work though, as @janer1967 pointed out, so if anything strikes you as worrying make sure to get advice.  Good luck! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Please also be advised that I’ve seen opportunities like this before where individuals were expected to sell through their own eBay account and not the organisations eBay account resulting in lots of problems. 
  • [Deleted User]
    edited January 2021
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 Please refrain from making comments about people who post on your threads, as you say yourself - our members are entitled to post wherever they like without restriction.

I'm glad to hear you've had good news work-wise and it sounds very much up your street.  I'd be cautious of the pitfalls of commission-based work though, as @janer1967 pointed out, so if anything strikes you as worrying make sure to get advice.  Good luck! 
    Don't worry, she says they're a new company so I'll Google them and see just how legit they are.

So I looked up their domain name on WHOIS, here's the result https://uk.godaddy.com/whois/results.aspx?checkAvail=1&tmskey=&domain=box+electronics.com&domainName=box-electronics.com they were only reigistered on the 23rd of last November, I'll give them a chance though it could be legit.

I also checked out their website http://www.box-electronics.com, and it looks genuine enough to me.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    I know you won't like me invading your thread @MrAllen1976 but I have to say they look really expensive and they trade from a P.O Box number which would start alarms going off in my head. It also seems that they registered their site through an American server that charges 8.88 dollars a year?

But if it works for you then so be it.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well I asked my Brother who does cyber security for a living to check this company out and he says it's a Worldwide scam. Typical.

Mods can close this topic now.

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @MrAllen1976 sorry to hear that there is alot of it going on you have to be so csreful
  • MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Im pleased you found it was a scam before you went ahead. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    This discussion has been closed by request of the original poster.
    Community Manager
    Scope
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness