ESA — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
chic3
chic3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I have applied for ESA today for my husband he has been on SSP from work for 6 months which runs out in feb he will then be finished due to ill health. My question is was I suppose to have included a fit note with the online application. I did not as we did not have one as it was sent into work. Thankyou

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You could ask the surgery for a copy of the fit note and send that in.
    Has he looked into claiming PIP if he has care and/or mobility issues?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chic3
    chic3 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    He is due a new sick note end of jan until feb 14  then he will be finished from work. So could we send that one even though we have already applied I have also applied for pip for him but not had a interview yet. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    You would need to speak to ESA about the fit note, as for PIP its unlikely he will have a face to face assessment as they are still suspended due to covid, they are done by telephone until further notice
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.