I walked into the Stool and injured my left toe — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I walked into the Stool and injured my left toe

Sparklebright63
Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
Hi to all

I walked into the stool in hallway yesterday was supposed to be walking past it and walked straight into it my second to last toe got injured and really painful swollen and bruised so I won't be doing much walking for a while not having grandaughter for rest of this week.
I don't understand why I keep walking into things I've had my eyes tested just need to buy new glasses when pandemic is over or can I order them online.(what about measurements)
I have been walking into things for ages and no one takes me seriously)

What can I do about this.

Sparklebright63

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Sparklebright63 - I'm sorry you've hurt your toe so badly, & it's put paid to the walking you were doing for the moment.
    Have you tried ringing your optician to see if they're open? Just last week I got an email from mine saying they were still open for business, so it's possible. it sounds like it might also be an idea to talk to your GP about your problem with walking into things to get their advice, & stress this has been happening for a long time.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Sparklebright62. I'm sorry you've injured your toe.
    I'm not medically trained so it wouldn't be appropriate for me to speculate on what might be wrong, but as chiarieds said, it's probably a good idea to speak to your GP (hopefully they're at least offering telephone appointments!) and really underline just how long and consistently it's been happening.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sparklebright63
    Hi to all,

My optition knows about me walking into things and they are apparently not concerned as far as I can tell.
    But I will try and contact them again.

Sparklebright63.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Did you get a copy of your eye test from the optician? this should give you all you need to order glasses online
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Sparklebright63
    Hi to all

yes I did get a copy of my eye test I will try and order new glasses I have a doctors appointment for Friday morning at 11 am about my foot ect.

So will let you know afterwards
    What they said.....

Sparklebright63

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Spec savers do home visits for eye tests and glasses for those with a disability check put their website 

How long is it since your last test it may be worth repeating if it was a while ago 

Walking into things can also be down to balance issues and can be a result of an ear issue but hopefully you will get some answers from your gp 
  • csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
    Hi to all

I walked into the stool in hallway yesterday was supposed to be walking past it and walked straight into it my second to last toe got injured and really painful swollen and bruised so I won't be doing much walking for a while not having grandaughter for rest of this week.
    I don't understand why I keep walking into things I've had my eyes tested just need to buy new glasses when pandemic is over or can I order them online.(what about measurements)
    I have been walking into things for ages and no one takes me seriously)

What can I do about this.

Sparklebright63

Hi @sparklebright6@Spibes

I am sorry to hear about your toe. I hope you managed to get some sort of support during these uncertain times.

Lockdown is now easing so you should be able to get some support from your optician or hospital if you are registered with one.

Take care,
    CSno01 

Brightness