Hi, im Gobbygirl66 + have a question about my PIP claim. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, im Gobbygirl66 + have a question about my PIP claim.

Gobbygirl66
Gobbygirl66 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have a pip claim that should of ended last Aug but was given 6 month extension due to covid now ends 28th Feb,I have received and sent back new claim form will I get it all sorted before my current claim will end.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Nobody can really say if it will be sorted by then depends on backlogs and how soon you get an assessment 

It you dont hear anything b4 end month would give them a call to chase it up 

Once the process is complete if you are awarded i think you will get back pay to when it stopped but I'm not 100%, certain of this 

I am sure other members can confirm if this is right 

Let us know how you get on 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Gobbygirl66 and welcome to our online community!

Just to add to what @janer1967 advised, if you are awarded PIP after the 28th February it should be backdated to when your claim ended.

I've moved your post over to our PIP, DLA and AA discussion board and amended the title slightly to make it easier to spot, but please let us know if you have any further questions.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    @Gobbygirl66 when did you return the renewal claim? As above I would definitely give then a call in the next few days.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Gobbygirl66
    Hi  I received the form 15th Dec2020 welfare rights helped fill the form with me I sent it back 11th January.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again I would predict it will be a while yet then 

It can take a few weeks b4 DWP get the form as it is first received by mailing centre and needs to be scanned onto the system first mine took nearly 3 weeks 

They then send it to assessment providers to organise assessment and they do have some backlogs 

It would have to be quick turn around to have assessment and decision  by your current award end date 

You can ring and check they have your form if not say you have sent it sbf request an extension 
  • Gobbygirl66
    Thanks janer1967 i will do ?.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.