Lcwra help! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Lcwra help!

Chelseamorgs5
Chelseamorgs5 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
I first provided my fit note on the 10/08/2020
it was accepted the same day. My assessment periods are from the 21st till the 20th every month and get paid every 27th of every month  I’ve been placed in the lcwra and I’m very aware I had to wait 3 months I’ve checked my statement for the 27/01/2021 and nothings showing for extra element and it has been 3 months has anyone else experienced this 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    HI @Chelseamorgs5.
    This is how they should work it out. 
    21st July to 20th August - Fit note reported, but doesn't count as not a full month.
    21st August to 20th September - Month 1
    21st September to 20th October - Month 2
    21st October to 20th November - Month 3
    21st November to 20th December - First payment. So you should be owed for the 27th of December and now for the January too.

Sadly it's not uncommon for them to make errors when calculating when LCWRA should begin. A lot of CMs seem to be under the impression it is 3 months wait period from the date of decision, rather than from evidence. 

Have you sent them a message to query this? 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

When was you awarded LCWRA 

I would give them a call or put something in your journal as I would have thought you would have had payment by now 

Are you certain it was LCWRA and not LCW you were awarded 
  • Chelseamorgs5
    I’ve phoned them and put messages in my journal and nothing I was supposed to be paid and there’s nothing showing any extra element in my monthly payment which is due the 27th of this month so it’s a joke 
  • Chelseamorgs5
    I had a letter on my journal on the 15th October stating I was placed in the limited capability for work and work related activities so have they worked it out from the date I was awarded it or am I right in saying they are supposed to award it 3 months after the date I put my sick note in on the 10th of august have they calculated it wrong or have I x
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It should be paid as you have explained but sometimes they do get it wrong and I have heard of this happening 

I suggest you give them a call and ask to speak to your case manager 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.