What are your plans after lockdown is lifted — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are your plans after lockdown is lifted

Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
edited January 2021 in Coffee lounge
If its possible to travel  to see relatives that is my first plan  my second plan would be to go off in my camper van by the sea in a quite location and chill out 
Tagged:

Comments

• BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    I'd really like to go visit my son down in the Midlands but I'm not sure I'll be able to do it at the moment because of health.

He has his own problems so it's difficult for him to get to me too :disappointed:
  • Lisatho11987777
    66mustang hope uou get to go to Scotland and as you know I love driving ? ? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @BrettW I have family in the Midlands  ah gosh well I hope your health will allow you to get there at some point 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I have family in South West London that we haven't seen since last August, so it'll be nice to see them, OK I'm mad at my Brother at the moment because he's too busy to help me with PC problems, but I'd like to see my nephew and niece.

Also, I have Comic Cons and a wrestling event to attend between March and mid June.

• Lisatho11987777
    @MrAllen1976 that's wonderful  I am sure you won't stay mad at your brother for long I hope you get to do all the things you want to do especially the comic cans snd wrestling ? 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I don't plan to do anything...  I can't have the vaccine and we all know it'll continue to spread through vaccinated people, who will be more lax with the rules after having the vaccine.

I used to avoid places every winter due to the risk of flu/colds/noro...now it looks like I'll be avoiding places all summer as well.  Don't see an end to it myself.  Sorry, I know that's pretty bleak lol.
  • BrettW
    I don't plan to do anything...  I can't have the vaccine and we all know it'll continue to spread through vaccinated people, who will be more lax with the rules after having the vaccine.

I used to avoid places every winter due to the risk of flu/colds/noro...now it looks like I'll be avoiding places all summer as well.  Don't see an end to it myself.  Sorry, I know that's pretty bleak lol.
    Sadly I agree with you. Whilst it will be more under control we will never be totally free of it. It comes from the same family as the common cold and it has never been possible to eradicate that either.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    BrettW said:

Sadly I agree with you. Whilst it will be more under control we will never be totally free of it. It comes from the same family as the common cold and it has never been possible to eradicate that either.
    Actually, if you believe sci fi, in 40 years when Star Trek level medical technology is invented, the common cold will be a thing of the past, trouble is most of us will be dead by then.

• Lisatho11987777
    @OverlyAnxious I cant have the vscine either or the flu jab and when I was younger I couldnt have the child hood vacines 

You can go out safely by not going by people when your out if I temper rightly  correct me if I am wrong you csnt wear a mask ?  As @BrettW says its going to round for a whilst 

I do hope that you  can find a safe way to go out and try and have some normal life  thats why I am glad I can drive only me in my car and I know lots of places in my camper van that font have many prople and still keep my self reasonably safe 

I fully understand how you feel and I empathise  with you 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @OverlyAnxious thats suposed to say rememberd rightly sorry my phone is playing up
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious I cant have the vscine either or the flu jab and when I was younger I couldnt have the child hood vacines 

You can go out safely by not going by people when your out if I temper rightly  correct me if I am wrong you csnt wear a mask ?  As @BrettW says its going to round for a whilst 

I do hope that you  can find a safe way to go out and try and have some normal life  thats why I am glad I can drive only me in my car and I know lots of places in my camper van that font have many prople and still keep my self reasonably safe 

I fully understand how you feel and I empathise  with you 
    Yes, that's true, I can still drive locally and walk around parks etc on my own.  I do tend to keep myself to myself anyway (never been a fan of people lol!) but I did like going to car shows and music events outdoors in the summer.  I'd only been able to start going to them in 2015, so it's those that I'll still be missing, even when they are allowed to open again.

Camper van has been suggested to me a few times over the years...it's definitely something I'm not ruling out yet!  But currently can only do a few miles in the car so would obviously need to manage a bit more distance to make one worthwhile.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @OverlyAnxious my camper van has been my savior once I went five miles from where I lived on a campsite  lol its some where different I fo thst quiet slot I live in Wales so there a few campsites 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious a friend of mine converted an old Luton van and drove around Scotland etc, he loved it. He even had a generator with him. He really enjoyed being self sufficient. 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    @OverlyAnxious sorry to hear that :( I didn’t know people could still carry the virus and pass it on to others after they’d had the vaccine!

Just wondering if you’ve made any progress with the fluoxetine yet?

A campervan may be a great idea as it’s your own space that you can keep clean, like a movable hotel room.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I’m not holding my breath but to be honest I do hope that many of the habits people have adopted in the last year stick well after the vaccine has been administered to most of the population. Especially cleaning hands and surfaces. It was only this year I learnt that Tesco trolley handles are blue and not grey - they are all so clean now! Obviously I want the virus to go away but the hygiene habits are welcome to stay by me!

If people kept these basic hygiene practices it would reduce unnecessary deaths from flu and other illnesses as well as obviously Covid, and help out the NHS.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Senior management is 60 in the summer and we have been married for 40 years in the autumn, we had to cancel our holiday to a 4* hotel in the south of Tenerife so we will be going there probably in september when it will still be 27c.
    Other than that we need to see our grandkids and daughter and the mother in law.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    @woodbine that's awesome  I hope you get to do all those things 40yesrs marriage  thats amazing  most people are missing seeing their familys  I know I am 
  • BrettW
    woodbine said:
    Senior management is 60 in the summer and we have been married for 40 years in the autumn, we had to cancel our holiday to a 4* hotel in the south of Tenerife so we will be going there probably in september when it will still be 27c.
    Other than that we need to see our grandkids and daughter and the mother in law.
    Lol do your call your wife that to her face or is it just a cheeky reference you use behind her back haha?
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    A holiday in the Shetland Islands was on the cards this year so I hopefully that will happen in 2022.

Brightness